Hydrodipping RC Bodies (How To)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_1545.JPG

IMG_1543.JPG

IMG_1541.JPG

IMG_1540.JPG

Well I have to say it’s harder than Mr.Duke made it look. I envy the steady hand and time management needed for this project. A few bubbles and wrinkles later I have a kinda flame looking bug. Even drilled a couple of small holes in the back to let the trapped air out but must have dipped too fast. Any how it was a good challenge and I’m happy to have tried it. Final paint Picts to come.

Attachments

• 479E9CEB-0011-418A-BC1E-3149F97917B1.jpeg
    479E9CEB-0011-418A-BC1E-3149F97917B1.jpeg
    344 KB · Views: 106
  • E2E4DC4C-D121-42B6-892A-EA16D9933594.jpeg
    E2E4DC4C-D121-42B6-892A-EA16D9933594.jpeg
    289.7 KB · Views: 112
That's actually pretty good considering it's your 1st dip, and on a body that I'm not sure I would've attempted, just by how tall it is. The more height a body has, the more the image has to stretch to accommodate the increased surface area. It's one of the major downsides to trying to apply an image to the inside of an object as opposed to the outside. As surface area increases the likelihood of image stretch and blemishing increases as well.

The next body I do, I think I'm gonna video the entire process from cutting the film to the final paint coat and include some helpful tricks and tips I've picked up along the way to avoid some of the common problems with bubbles, wrinkles and image blowouts.

That makes sense. My thinking was the rounded body would be simple, but your knowledge rings true. I’ll post final in Paint and body thread. Won’t land me a blue ribbon at the fair but it’s going on the Kraton so that alone will give it a few points. Thanks for the inspiration and lessons @Mr.Duke.

Pssst......Someone on the forum is going to win this one through an auction here on the forum, with all of the proceeds going to the server drive.
- I'll be making a thread and linking it to this thread later tonight on how to win it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back