Hydrodipping

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

djBarren

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
A good friend of mine has his own hydrodipping business. I'm thinking of getting my rear spoiler hydro dipped in some black and white skulls.

Giving the bashing this spoiler takes I'm wondering how it would hold up. Has anyone here had anything hydrodipped for their Arrma or other rc's?

http://www.3d-dip.co.uk/design-print-graphic/

I'm also liking the green naughty fire. It could work with the green shell?

Someone tell me I'm mad in the head :D

Speaking of dipping,here's a couple body's I did recently and some wheels for my Senton.

CIMG3568.JPG CIMG3575.JPG CIMG3581.JPG CIMG3580.JPG

Another one I did for a friends Fury with a joker and smoke pattern.
Also did his shops logo using Avery clear labels and my laser printer.
Had to paint/dip on the outside of body though,as someone else tried to paint the inside and sort of messed it up.

CIMG3623.JPG
CIMG3622.JPG

Attachments

• CIMG3618.JPG
    CIMG3618.JPG
    236.6 KB · Views: 35
OK, so it is possible to dip the inside of the body? From watching it being done in videos, I hadn't seen anyone dip a concave item like an RC body. I figure the outside would be easy, but how do you do the inside?

OK, so it is possible to dip the inside of the body? From watching it being done in videos, I hadn't seen anyone dip a concave item like an RC body. I figure the outside would be easy, but how do you do the inside?

Dipping on the inside is the best way to do it,but it's also a LOT harder.
Here's a good example of it being done.

Dipping on the inside is the best way to do it,but it's also a LOT harder.
Here's a good example of it being done.

I'll check the video at home, but just the idea of trying to get the inside done with out getting any on the outside seems almost impossible. I saw some stuff on ebay to do it at home. I may still try

I'll check the video at home, but just the idea of trying to get the inside done with out getting any on the outside seems almost impossible. I saw some stuff on ebay to do it at home. I may still try

Use some Glad Press and Seal,this stuff cover the outside of the body just like the Protective Cover on the outside of a new
Pro-Line body.

Strapping tape? Looks like grip tape off a skateboard. Your clowns scare me. I would have to shoot your car if It ever came near me.

Strapping tape? Looks like grip tape off a skateboard. Your clowns scare me. I would have to shoot your car if It ever came near me.

LOL,yeah clowns aren't for everybody!
The strapping tape is the stuff used for wrapping a box for shipping,pretty strong stuff and a PITA to work with.
Those two black strips are just foam that the body rest against the roll cage.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back