Kraton Hydroplaning - Does anyone have experience?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey everybody.
The Weather is better now. Yesterday it was my first try to drove on water.
It failed after 5 seconds. My kraton sunk 2 meters deep. After 10 minutes swimming in cold Water, i found him.

Its crasy, he is not damaged. Hahaha...

@K-BASH: One Million Diffoil? Too much! Because i have now 50K in the center diff.
He sunk because he did a wheelie on water!
I think i need 10K in the centerdiff.
What you think?
All mine get at least1 million in center. Saves front tires from ballooning an exploding. I've been putting 20 million in um lately.20 m won't leak out fast an overheat an destroy diffs.for hydroplaning id 20 mill all 3 an seal tires up

@K-BASH: One Million Diffoil? Too much! Because i have now 50K in the center diff.
He sunk because he did a wheelie on water!
I think i need 10K in the centerdiff.
What you think?

To control wheelies, use a bit on control with your trigger finger. And/Or dial the punch down on your ESC. Diff fluid can make it wheelie easier, but if you control the throttle, you can keep the wheels down.

(y)

Edit - 10K is great for 4s on a racetrack. For 6s bashing, you should start around 100k and work up as needed. If you plan on lots of WOT, then higher is better, like the 500k recommended.

@TriggerHappy Have you ever ridden on the water? I don't think so ... wheelies on the water are not easy to control. Try it...
I think you didn't read the topic correctly. ;)

The higher the oil viscosity in the central differential, the easier the wheelie. No matter how hard I accelerate, he is not allowed to do wheelies on water, especially since I have to be able to steer. I don't just want to drive straight, I also want to take corners.

To control wheelies, I have to take off the gas, BUT this let this fail. The vehicle will sink.

My next try comes soon.

@K-BASH
The Louise sandpaddles don't puff up, they so don't explode.
The heat at the center differential: Dude, i drive on water, all gets wet, that is the best cooling.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back