Outcast HZRDOS Outcast 4s V2 Build Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
She is ready to rip.

I like the new diff design how the main gear attaches to the cup. Seems easier to line up for reassembly. Also these gears look stout. I sure hope they changed the material on the internal output shaft gears. Will see how they hold up. Went 50k front and rear.

View attachment 236295
View attachment 236296View attachment 236297

Guess this is the largest can you can get in there. Almost hits the center drive shaft. Will have to figure out a way to get a fan on this motor.

View attachment 236298
Also added a few plastic rivet clips to the roof for skid protection as I know I will be doing plenty of wheels up sliding.

View attachment 236305
You may not need a fan on that motor: my Castle 1717 1650 motor never gets hot, even after a 15-minute run with full throttle passes most of the time. I think the hottest it ever got was 130F in low eighty-degree weather, as measured with a temp gun.

You may not need a fan on that motor: my Castle 1717 1650 motor never gets hot, even after a 15-minute run with full throttle passes most of the time. I think the hottest it ever got was 130F in low eighty-degree weather, as measured with a temp gun.
That is what I am hoping for. It is the 1515, but will only ever use 4s in it.

First run today after the rain finally stopped. This rig is pretty awesome. Handles great, will not roll...love the width. Easy to ride wheelies at most any speed. Sis hit high motor temp shutdown after 20 minutes, so made a fan mount that works. Really tight with that motor, so had to modify something I had laying around. Feels really tight, should do.

20220815_205621.jpg
20220815_210428.jpg
20220815_210420.jpg

Oooo Hzrdos that setup looks sweet! How do you like the 1515? Is it oversized or does it sit flush with the chassis? Hows the extra power feel, can you notice the extra weight?

Oooo Hzrdos that setup looks sweet! How do you like the 1515? Is it oversized or does it sit flush with the chassis? Hows the extra power feel, can you notice the extra weight?
I think the 1515 is a great 4s setup. I have it in multiple rigs. The can sits like 2mm off the chassis. Can't speak for how it feels compared to stock, I never tried the stock motor. Really does not add much extra weight.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back