Outcast HZRDOS Outcast 4s V2 Build Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HZRDOS

Very Active Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 4s
  2. Outcast 4s
  3. Outcast EXB
  4. Talion EXB
Well - may as well start this off. Have a pile of parts so far, and truck just shipped!!! Will update once truck is here with impressions and build.

Items waiting for the truck:

HR Aluminum yokes
Receiver for FlySky GT5
JX 35kg servo
Kimbrough HD servo saver
HR Aluminum bellcrank
HR pivot balls
HR Aluminum C-Hubs
Castle MMX 2200kv combo

1660161738449.png

Last edited:
Well - may as well start this off. Have a pile of parts so far, and truck just shipped!!! Will update once truck is here with impressions and build.

HR Aluminum yokes
Receiver for FlySky GT5
JX 35kg servo
Kimbrough HD servo saver
HR Aluminum bellcrank
HR pivot balls
HR Aluminum C-Hubs
Castle MMX 2200kv combo

View attachment 235110
Congrats! Might want to obscure that tracking number. Some evil fukker might try and scam you out of your shipment.

HR Aluminum yokes
Receiver for FlySky GT5
JX 35kg servo
Kimbrough HD servo saver
HR Aluminum bellcrank
HR pivot balls
HR Aluminum C-Hubs
Castle MMX 2200kv combo

View attachment 235131
Will be interesting to see your impression.
BTW, JRC just got a bunch of my hard earned cash no thanks to the enablers here, including you. 🤣
Gonna use my V1 Kraton chassis to build out a V2 OC. I'll be using the Max8 combo from the Sketer. Body, wing and, bumpers are next if everything lines up.

How many pads in the slipper now?
Same. 4 of them. I think the hubs are the same. They list them as the same part number. I don't know if it was updated, but it's OK. Have a 7075 hub set on order.
I will say the steering and front end is MUCH tighter than previous 3s/4s rigs I have had. Almost no play or slop.
Also this thing is going to steer well now. Using the Kimbrough 124 HD servo saver and the 35kg servo, bench testing I pushed the bumper down to compress the shocks and tested the steering, still had full steering sitting still with front compressed.

Last edited:
But don't complain about breakages if you directly overpower the car.
More fun, but also more time and money needed for repairs.
If you go directly for so much power - a 6s vehicle wouldnt be a bad choice.

But don't complain about breakages if you directly overpower the car.
More fun, but also more time and money needed for repairs.
If you go directly for so much power - a 6s vehicle wouldnt be a bad choice.
Haha. Have plenty of 6s rigs also. I don't complain when they break, just improve.

She is ready to rip.

I like the new diff design how the main gear attaches to the cup. Seems easier to line up for reassembly. Also these gears look stout. I sure hope they changed the material on the internal output shaft gears. Will see how they hold up. Went 50k front and rear.

20220814_205351.jpg

20220814_212010.jpg
20220814_215207.jpg

Guess this is the largest can you can get in there. Almost hits the center drive shaft. Will have to figure out a way to get a fan on this motor.

20220814_215228.jpg

Also added a few plastic rivet clips to the roof for skid protection as I know I will be doing plenty of wheels up sliding.

20220814_215634.jpg

Last edited:
She is ready to rip.

I like the new diff design how the main gear attaches to the cup. Seems easier to line up for reassembly. Also these gears look stout. I sure hope they changed the material on the internal output shaft gears. Will see how they hold up. Went 50k front and rear.

View attachment 236295
View attachment 236296View attachment 236297

Guess this is the largest can you can get in there. Almost hits the center drive shaft. Will have to figure out a way to get a fan on this motor.

View attachment 236298
Also added a few plastic rivet clips to the roof for skid protection as I know I will be doing plenty of wheels up sliding.

View attachment 236305
Second pic looks like a pair some sort of medieval pizza cutters or something. 😆🤣🤣.

JK Nice build !

She is ready to rip.

I like the new diff design how the main gear attaches to the cup. Seems easier to line up for reassembly. Also these gears look stout. I sure hope they changed the material on the internal output shaft gears. Will see how they hold up.

View attachment 236305
Plastic rivet pins, clever idea!!!💡

I suspect those internals never changed. If anyone will find out, it's gonna be you. 🤣

Are the beefier crown and pinion gears are made of a softer metal? Though I saw that somewhere. Pricing seems better compared to the older ones. 👍

Here's the older setup. I like the beveled edge on the new style gear. Definitely more meat too!

20220420_160055.jpg

20220420_160126.jpg

Last edited:
Plastic rivet pins, clever idea!!!💡

I suspect those internals never changed. If anyone will find out, it's gonna be you. 🤣

Are the beefier crown and pinion gears are made of a softer metal? Though I saw that somewhere. Pricing seems better compared to the older ones. 👍

Here's the older setup. I like the beveled edge on the new style gear. Definitely more meat too!

View attachment 236348

View attachment 236349
Yeah the plastic rivet pins are cheap. Got a 100 pack for like $6. Drill some holes and pop them in. When they wear down, takes a few seconds to pop them out and put in a new one.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back