I’d like to throw it in a lake

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ndoppes

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
So, I just three weeks ago purchased a Senton 3S in which I was totally pumped on until it turned into pure frustration. Went through the manual and did everything I was told. Running the truck on 2S batteries on a flat dirt circuit on my drive way. I didn’t get but 8 packs on my truck and it ate the spur. I drove 2 hrs to the closest hobby shop and bought a new one. Installed and set the slipper per manual. It destroyed the new one in half a pack. I then proceeded to contact horizon who gladly sent me another spur and a slipper maintenance kit which I installed this morning. Half pack in it just stops, I would pull the trigger and hear like a grumbling sound but no power to the wheels. I then take it back a part and inspect the spur again. Spur looks a little chewed up but nothing terrible. I then pulled the slipper and spur out and tested the motor in hand. It looks as though something is not right with the motor. I’ll post video maybe you guys can help. Long story short I’m feeling frustrated that I did a bunch of research on this truck and everyone was so impressed and had nothing but good things to say, and here I am running it on a dirt driveway with 2S batteries and it’s destroying stuff. My friends and family think it’s real funny watching me taking a toy apart that they have never even seen work ??‍♂️ Anyway, sorry to vent. This was an expensive purchase for me.

Last edited:
So, I just three weeks ago purchased a Senton 3S in which I was totally pumped on until it turned into pure frustration. Went through the manual and did everything I was told. Running the truck on 2S batteries on a flat dirt circuit on my drive way. I didn’t get but 8 packs on my truck and it ate the spur. I drove 2 hrs to the closest hobby shop and bought a new one. Installed and set the slipper per manual. It destroyed the new one in half a pack. I then proceeded to contact horizon who gladly sent me another spur and a slipper maintenance kit which I installed this morning. Half pack in it just stops, I would pull the trigger and hear like a grumbling sound but no power to the wheels. I then take it back a part and inspect the spur again. Spur looks a little chewed up but nothing terrible. I then pulled the slipper and spur out and tested the motor in hand. It looks as though something is not right with the motor. I’ll post video maybe you guys can help. Long story short I’m feeling frustrated that I did a bunch of research on this truck and everyone was so impressed and had nothing but good things to say, and here I am running it on a dirt driveway with 2S batteries and it’s destroying stuff. My friends and family think it’s real funny watching me taking a toy apart that they have never even seen work ??‍♂️ Anyway, sorry to vent. This was an expensive purchase for me.
Looks like the bearings are shot in your motor and the play in the shaft is what killed your first spur and started to kill your second. Horizon will send you a new motor and you can put new bearings in the old one and use it as a backup/spare. While this has never happened to me, I have seen this before.

Looks like the bearings are shot in your motor and the play in the shaft is what killed your first spur and started to kill your second. Horizon will send you a new motor and you can put new bearings in the old one and use it as a backup/spare. While this has never happened to me, I have seen this before.
Yeah I hope they will, I have literally driven the truck 8 times and that was in the first two days. I now have had the truck almost three weeks. ?‍♂️ I watched all these videos on youtube of people thrashing their trucks and virtually nothing breaking and here I'm like driving a dirt trip-oval with no jumps and the truck can't even handle it ? Thanks for responding, its appreciated!

I had the front motor bearing die on my Senton last weekend too. I would've just put new bearings in it, but the inner race is stuck on the motor shaft. May have been a bad batch of bearings.

Talked with Horizon support and sent along a picture of the bearing in pieces and its on its way. I did order a hobbystar 3670 to keep the truck running while the motor is being warrantied.

I had the front motor bearing die on my Senton last weekend too. I would've just put new bearings in it, but the inner race is stuck on the motor shaft. May have been a bad batch of bearings.

Talked with Horizon support and sent along a picture of the bearing in pieces and its on its way. I did order a hobbystar 3670 to keep the truck running while the motor is being warrantied.
Is that hobby star motor just a plug and play deal?

I had exactly the same issue with a BRCC.
The mesh between the pinion and spur was way too tight but you can't set is because it's fixed. I guess one of the hole drilling guys in China had a bad day.....
The adjustable motor mount plate from Arrma or Hot Racing will solve the issue.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back