I’m all in….

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lol, I actually did a complete re-build on a scx24 the other night, started around 9:30 after the kids went to bed and stayed up until around 1a.m. finishing it...
Was that the one I sold you?

Was that the one I sold you?
Yup!!! I ordered about $200 worth of crap for it before it even got here lol...

"HI, my name is Deric, and I'm an rcoholic"😟 is there a 12 step for this too???

Welp! Break my stuff every time I run it? Took out my Talion today after getting it back from my last whole an arms replaced? Now I have an excuse to buy a new front bumper, an @3d-rc.myshopify.com unbreakable bumper cushion and install the rear wing mount!

AB6ED1C8-C461-4D18-B674-9D8930740371.jpeg

E674A78E-195E-4AD0-A727-839B443B61E3.jpeg

525A8D3E-319A-4061-B777-1E9320498090.jpeg

Last edited:
I grew up in Cadillac but I’m in northern Oakland county

Nice, I'm in southeast St Clair County. It would be fun to set up a weekend bash session when the weather breaks with some of the other MI guys... it's always more fun when you're not the only one breaking stuff!!

Realizing that I have an RC car addiction, and have another car in my cart…. My wife slapped me with the reality of “You’re going to get another one that you’re just going to break and can’t fix?” I took her advice. Now I’m ready to take my time and learn how to fix my own stuff. Like y’all say… what takes me 5 hours will be a 15-30 minute job. I’m excited to break my shiz and don’t have to worry about breaking my stuff every run.

View attachment 271777
Welcome to the club.
Wrenching is something that many of us find that we enjoy. It certainly is part of the hobby.

On that note cheap hex wrenches will strip these screws. Do you self a giant favor at get these MIP Hex wrenches.
It is something I wish someone told me about early on...
https://www.amazon.com/Moore-Produc...mip&qid=1674680876&sprefix=mip,aps,113&sr=8-7

Well look at me go! It’s my first easy repair! @3d-rc.myshopify.com low pro wing mount and a Talion bumper kit. Of course I had to replace the bumper…. Drill out the wing holes and mount because no screws would fit. And my polo light bar, not carrying about the body. I have a new body I’m going to strengthen. Tiny repairs but I’m off and running. That wing mount is sick. I bent if down for the pic! I do have top of the line drill hexes MIP? And the rest of my cheap kit is for the other stuff. Wrenching is fun and even thought it’s a few screws? I did it. Not the LHS. Amazed at how installing a wing mount and bumper can feel damn satisfying!

E99238CE-B3BF-4278-A8D1-D1BC714BB998.jpeg

D3DB203C-1004-42C5-B7CC-D328486C04A7.jpeg

834779DE-0E95-48DA-9FBC-BA2B74AF34C6.jpeg
5CE9420C-06D8-480A-AAFB-54F818A3C185.jpeg

Last edited:

Nice, I'm in southeast St Clair County. It would be fun to set up a weekend bash session when the weather breaks with some of the other MI guys... it's always more fun when you're not the only one breaking stuff!!

I lived up in Clarkston back in the mid-90s thru the early 2000s. I am southeast now, near 94/696.

I lived up in Clarkston back in the mid-90s thru the early 2000s. I am southeast now, near 94/696.
3 more years of high school for the kids and I’m outie! Goin back to Caddy caddy I’m going back to Caddy….and I’m still waiting to go back to Caddy lol.Cadillac is a nice place to live.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back