I’m finally coming across this problem

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Nero
  4. Outcast 6s
Ok so I have seen many people having problems with arrma bearings... I have had my BRCC for about 7 months and no problems... I had to look at my diff for another reason but when I was looking at my hubs, the bearings are extremely rough and dirty. I kept looking and most of my bearings are like that. What are the best sealed bearings. I guess I should have payed more attention to the other people I have seen with this problem lol.

I buy Avid and they come with all of em. You can even build your own kit here or take the best value.
https://www.avidrc.com/flexkit/?kit=2898&kitname=Bigrock+4x4+3s
That’s perfect... but what’s the differences in all the options ex: revolution, rubber, ceramic, metal, etc
5C60FD21-D335-441C-884E-5415A924C6DA.png

I own both Fast Eddy and Avid bearings. Both are very good. Can’t go wrong. Make sure you get the four bearings for the steering rack when you buy bearings.

i always buy ceramic boca bearings. idk bout rubber vs metal. i got rubber last time. haven't had them long enough to chose vs metal.

Nice. Do they come in a all in one kit by car or do you piece you set individually? Currently using avid bearing oil as a maintenance step.

Nice. Do they come in a all in one kit by car or do you piece you set individually? Currently using avid bearing oil as a maintenance step.
Most have a kit option, but you need to be careful as they are not always clear which model they are for. Fast Eddy makes it hard to tell which one to buy. They also don’t include the steering bearings either. You have to add them to the cart.

Most have a kit option, but you need to be careful as they are not always clear which model they are for. Fast Eddy makes it hard to tell which one to buy. They also don’t include the steering bearings either. You have to add them to the cart.

yeah ive bought bearing sets that didnt come with all bearings needed for truck. def have to line item the bearings if you want to be sure.

Ok so I have seen many people having problems with arrma bearings... I have had my BRCC for about 7 months and no problems... I had to look at my diff for another reason but when I was looking at my hubs, the bearings are extremely rough and dirty. I kept looking and most of my bearings are like that. What are the best sealed bearings. I guess I should have payed more attention to the other people I have seen with this problem lol.
Another option, although the last time i was looking for bearings, it said they are out on vacation, are DSM off-road bearing kits on Ebay. They are rubber shielded, like the Jim's and Avid bearings, and the shield is usually blue. I always try to go with Jim's as my first choice, but, on a DHK Hunter i have, Jim's didnt have bearings for it at the time, which is how i found DSM. One issue with them is that some of their kits arent always complete, especially for older or discontinued (like my Arrma Fury) models, but, i have their bearings in a few of my vehicles, and haven't had any issues, and mine are ran in snow, water, mud, dirt, clay, gravel, rocks, basically any surface i find. My Hunter has had DSM bearings in it the last 8 months with no issues yet.

Another option, although the last time i was looking for bearings, it said they are out on vacation, are DSM off-road bearing kits on Ebay. They are rubber shielded, like the Jim's and Avid bearings, and the shield is usually blue. I always try to go with Jim's as my first choice, but, on a DHK Hunter i have, Jim's didnt have bearings for it at the time, which is how i found DSM. One issue with them is that some of their kits arent always complete, especially for older or discontinued (like my Arrma Fury) models, but, i have their bearings in a few of my vehicles, and haven't had any issues, and mine are ran in snow, water, mud, dirt, clay, gravel, rocks, basically any surface i find. My Hunter has had DSM bearings in it the last 8 months with no issues yet.
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/123602506817
Are these the ones??

That’s perfect... but what’s the differences in all the options ex: revolution, rubber, ceramic, metal, etcView attachment 52621
The Rubber and metal are normal metal shields / rubber shields. The Revolution has one rubber and one metal shield. The idea being rubber shields ad drag, but protect fir dirt better. Metal spins free, but lets more dirt in. So with one of each, you put the rubber on the dirty side, metal on the clean side, and get a bit free-er spinning vs rubber, but more protection than metal.

Ceramic - they have ceramic balls, so they spin very free. Big $$$$, but if you race 17.5 and are looking for every small advantage....

I am not sure what the Aura bearings are, something new. I need to go read up on them... :)

I mostly buy Acid-RC (Revolution) bearings, but I have some Fast Eddies too.

I have a set of DSM, well 1/2 set, in my Kraton. Seem to be good. I do find Jims Bearing with shipping the more economical way.

Yeah, those are the ones i mean. The only thing to make sure of, which i typically do by looking at Jim's or Fast Eddies complete kits, is make sure all of the bearings are included, like, for the Granite, make sure the kit has the bearings for the steering shafts, to replace the bushings with. I think for my Granite 4X4, i actually went with a Jim's kit, but, having 10 vehicles, i cant always keep track of what i bought for which one, unless i actually look at the package they came in.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back