Kraton I’m going to wait....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EAGLELITE

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
I really am excited about the 8s kraton,,,,IMHO,,,,I think the truck is way to heavy for the chassis,,,,,people are already bending the expensive part as well as the thin aluminum braces,,,,,for that price how about rubber sealed bearings,,,,and metal shock caps,,,, so, I’m going to backoff hoping they will have an upgraded version down the road,,,like all their other units.... just my thoughts......

I really am excited about the 8s kraton,,,,IMHO,,,,I think the truck is way to heavy for the chassis,,,,,people are already bending the expensive part as well as the thin aluminum braces,,,,,for that price how about rubber sealed bearings,,,,and metal shock caps,,,, so, I’m going to backoff hoping they will have an upgraded version down the road,,,like all their other units.... just my thoughts......

You own any 6s trucks? They have the same issues and more. I love my Talion but I bent the chassis, steering plate, shock towers and center brace on the second run. It's the latest "upgraded" version too. $900 is a really good price for the Kraton 8S. If it had sealed bearings or a thicker chassis you would be looking at an $1100 truck and even more whining.

Your gonna have a long wait, there isn't a RC made in the history of RC's that hasn't been broke, bent, or failed in some way. I've bought $1500 rollers that didn't come with sealed bearings. Once they were built I've bent and snapped more parts than I can count. However I'm sure my wife could tell you from the deductions in the checking account ??

Exactly my thoughts. And i own 6s Arrma's. And they have the same problems.
To me this Kraton 8s doesn't add anything other than that it's bigger than a 6s Kraton. I refuse to again fully strip a by red loctite glued together RTR rc to install sealed bearings.
Both my Kraton and Typhon had shattered bearings after 3 runs in sand. Arrma's promo vids are mostly in dusty conditions so they have to start using sealed bearings. I like my Arrma's but this is ridiculous (to me).
I own 1/5 scale rc's and know they are awesome but i'd rather pay 1100 dollars for one that suits me better.

You have to have this truck on the bench to appreciate the thought that went into it. The drive unit, servo/esc/receiver box, huge diffs, and plenty of room for more power... When the M2C chassis comes out it will be a game changer for this. The braces are so easy to dyi. Any one with a drill press, hack saw, Dremel and measuring tape can buy some 7075 aluminum online, cut it to length, drill some lightning holes, Dremel the ends, drill mounting holes and there you go. For the price of an m2c chassis and 40$ worth of aluminum you have a pretty strong 8s rig.
The esc, motor, servo, and can be upgraded but most will do it with whatever they buy.

Last edited:
Exactly my thoughts. And i own 6s Arrma's. And they have the same problems.
To me this Kraton 8s doesn't add anything other than that it's bigger than a 6s Kraton. I refuse to again fully strip a by red loctite glued together RTR rc to install sealed bearings.
Both my Kraton and Typhon had shattered bearings after 3 runs in sand. Arrma's promo vids are mostly in dusty conditions so they have to start using sealed bearings. I like my Arrma's but this is ridiculous (to me).
I own 1/5 scale rc's and know they are awesome but i'd rather pay 1100 dollars for one that suits me better.
My Kraton came apart rather easily. I have a few videos on it. Some grub screws were eliminated (front and rear drive cups replaced my CVD's and other are much bigger.

My Kraton came apart rather easily. I have a few videos on it. Some grub screws were eliminated (front and rear drive cups replaced my CVD's and other are much bigger.
That i believe and i also enjoy Arrma stepping up to 8s with a complete new platform. I just think for a 100 dollars more they could completely nail it with sealed bearings, carbon fiber braces and a 7075 rear skid plate. But i guess they will sell less.

You own any 6s trucks? They have the same issues and more. I love my Talion but I bent the chassis, steering plate, shock towers and center brace on the second run. It's the latest "upgraded" version too. $900 is a really good price for the Kraton 8S. If it had sealed bearings or a thicker chassis you would be looking at an $1100 truck and even more whining.
Sure do,,,,I own 2 kraton 6s,,,a typhon 6s,,,a talion6s and an xmaxx,,,,plus other smaller armma,,,,I would rather pay the extra cost of a future upgraded kraton 8s upgrade than paying to replace the parts individually which would cost a lot more..I replace all my vehicles with sealed bearings,,,,,never in 10 years not one problem....armma seems to upgrade all thei trucks eventually,,,,,i generally don’t buy the original. Versions ,,and has paid off for me...so I have stuff to play with in the meantime,,,,just going to wait and see......

Last edited:
Arrma just released their most expensive, highest value per dollar spent RC to date and the forums and fb groups are full of people whining about the price. Because they want a $1300 rig for $600. What do you think would happen if they actually released a new flagship at $1300? The exact same thing, but probably worse, with even more videos of Kevin Talbot saying Arrma Tough baby as he crashes in a skate park, thrilling teenagers everywhere.

It's Arrmas model to release their flagship rcs at a fully acceptable high quality but good value price, this leaving that last $200-400 dollars to upgrade exactly as you want it. They've even mentioned "upgrade paths" in their own marketing material.

I'm super happy with it's price and what you get for it.

I want them to make stuff they don't already have , 1/5 MT, and maybe a 1/5 Dessert Buggy like the Losi . And just like the Typhon / Senton 6s sharing same chassis/most parts , if they build these on the K8S chassis , I could buy the minimal parts to convert it over .

I want them to make stuff they don't already have , 1/5 MT, and maybe a 1/5 Dessert Buggy like the Losi . And just like the Typhon / Senton 6s sharing same chassis/most parts , if they build these on the K8S chassis , I could buy the minimal parts to convert it over .
I am starting to really like the design of these new aggressive looking desert rock racers so I wouldn't mind seeing that from armma either, but I think the idea is for each horizon brand to kind of have their corner, and losi already owns that one.

I am starting to really like the design of these new aggressive looking desert rock racers so I wouldn't mind seeing that from armma either, but I think the idea is for each horizon brand to kind of have their corner, and losi already owns that one.
I've watched a video with Horizon Hobby surface Marketing Manager. They will not cross brands, e.g. Arrma is for the basher market. Losi makes some awesome rock racers. Lots of YouTube video with the Super Rock Rey, search YouTube for @bicketybam @Aussie RC Playground @RoadsideRc @12R1 just to name a few. I bought the little Rock Rey BnD while it was on Pre- Black Friday sale.

What do you mean I can't have a bullet proof truck for $900 are you kidding me??

You can, it’s just not gonna be 1/5 scale.
No it has to be 1/5 and the chassis can never bend on bad landings falling from the sky and shock towers strong enough to support a baby elephant. Is that really too much to ask... oh and a battery that never needs charging would be great. Thanks.

No it has to be 1/5 and the chassis can never bend on bad landings falling from the sky and shock towers strong enough to support a baby elephant. Is that really too much to ask... oh and a battery that never needs charging would be great. Thanks.
No, it's not too much to ask at all :ROFLMAO: While we're at it, lets have an X-Maxx that won't eat it's diffs :eek: My original X that I converted over to all 8s stuff has munched 22 sets of diffs. 6s, 8s, 3rd party, you name it, it's feasted :ROFLMAO: Yet everyone says it's a tough basher. They ain't running it hard enough. As soon as that drivetrain feels ANY unsubdued power, even from its original motor with a max6, let alone a 1/5 system, it's YUM YUM :ROFLMAO: That's half a damn X or K8S I've wasted in diffs alone, for one damn truck. But I bet Kev can easily top that. On the other hand, my Losi DBXL-e has wrecked 3 right front arms (jumping :rolleyes:) & burned 2 160a fuse max6 whatevers. So when ppl talk about price I wonder what hobby they're talking about. A big car has its value, flaws, & upgrades just like an other RC. Considering what it is, it's considerably well priced. There are NO other large scale truggies on the market so all we can compare it with is other large scale cars which are also ripe with problems. Go figure & deal with it. It's what we do. My K8S is still in the box (too busy working & X-mass shopping, hopefully I can get working on it b4 Jan :cry:) & I picked up a SBR bnd that can definitely hold its own with it & it was half the price. But do I care, hell no.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back