I’m really hoping…(help?)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Velodromed

Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory!
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Granite
  3. Kraton 6s
  4. Kraton 4s
  5. Notorious
  6. Outcast 4s
  7. Vorteks
  8. Voltage
  9. Infraction 4x4
🤔 Do these plug in like… in order? I hope so. Is this normal on brushless? Worse case scenario getting them in the wrong order? I mean… I’m just used to color coding.
It’s a cheap little thing for upgrading a brushed voltage and I’m a bit stumped. Help please?

00F8F0ED-4A3D-4C19-97B5-9AD90D88E2B7.jpeg

CD5CD767-454D-4491-80A1-19B41133B1B7.jpeg

Just plug them in if the truck goes backwards swap 2 of the wires around.

Just plug them in if the truck goes backwards swap 2 of the wires around.
So it’s no different consequence then a brushed motor? What about the 3rd wire? I can play the switch around game until it works as long as it won’t fry something. This is my first experience with anything brushless.

So long as it is sensorless and brushless (looks like it) you can plug the three motor wires into the esc in any order. If you find the car is going backwards, swap any two and the motor will spin the other way.

If sensored, wire order matters.

If it is sensorless, you only have to pay attention to the middle wire connecting to the middle. The other two outer wires just determine the spinning direction of the motor.

These guys are correct. Just plug in the 3 wires in any order. When you try to run the truck, if the motor spins the wrong way(truck moves backwards instead of forwards) just swap any 2 wires and it will change the direction of the motor. It will not harm anything if they are not plugged in correct.

So long as it is sensorless and brushless (looks like it) you can plug the three motor wires into the esc in any order. If you find the car is going backwards, swap any two and the motor will spin the other way.

If sensored, wire order matters.
It’s is sensorless…Thank you!!

I notice in most cases it's A, B, C from left to right on ESC and motor. But as said above worst you can do is hook it up wrong and will run in reverse so switch one of the outside wires with the center and you'll be good to go👍

I notice in most cases it's A, B, C from left to right on ESC and motor. But as said above worst you can do is hook it up wrong and will run in reverse so switch one of the outside wires with the center and you'll be good to go👍
Thanks man! I’ll start like that.

Any time👊 your going to love brushless power😜
Any time👊 your going to love brushless power😜
I know right!?! I’ll knock out this little voltage build and move on to the mega 4x4
Just finished getting everything in to do the 4x4. Well…remote and receiver I’m still thinking on for the 4x4 I’d like to do better then the stock set. Any suggestions? Then I can use the stock set on a voltage.

I know right!?! I’ll knock out this little voltage build and move on to the mega 4x4
Just finished getting everything in to do the 4x4. Well…remote and receiver I’m still thinking on for the 4x4 I’d like to do better then the stock set. Any suggestions? Then I can use the stock set on a voltage.
Honestly I really like the DumboRC X6F setup. I run it on 3 of my bashing rigs and it does great. Great response and plenty of range for bashing. Here's a link for the X6 which is just a step down but just as good https://www.ebay.com/itm/DUMBORC-X6...-/384180270172?_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49286

Thank you! I’ve heard quite a few people having these Dumbo set ups. Much appreciated!
Again no problem bro👊 but ya I like them and plenty of range and great response so no complaints there. Here's a range test I did for some idea of how far you can go with it 👍

Again no problem bro👊 but ya I like them and plenty of range and great response so no complaints there. Here's a range test I did for some idea of how far you can go with it 👍
Dang!
so I was looking at them and noticed some of the receivers have a gyro setting? Is that what you have? I’m not super clear on what that is.

Dang!
so I was looking at them and noticed some of the receivers have a gyro setting? Is that what you have? I’m not super clear on what that is.
Yes mine have the gyro but I don't use them. It counter steers the car to keep it going straight pretty much. For racing and going in a straight line it can be helpful but I bash and flip and send my rigs so it's no use to me. You have to set it up so if you never set it up and put it into gyro mode it's just like a regular reciever 👍

Dang!
The gyro recievers on a DumboRC system work the same as Spectrum AVC like the Vorteks has. I have a Flysky GT5 that has SVC which is also the same as AVC.

Yes mine have the gyro but I don't use them. It counter steers the car to keep it going straight pretty much. For racing and going in a straight line it can be helpful but I bash and flip and send my rigs so it's no use to me. You have to set it up so if you never set it up and put it into gyro mode it's just like a regular reciever 👍
Okay, I won’t be using it either then. Sounds like something that would be better set up for my wife and step-daughter (I’ll put it on ‘LEM’ setting…Lake Evasion Mode.)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back