I’m wanting to widen the stance / increase suspension on Senton 4x4… help!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CleetusVanDam

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
I want to Upgrade my Arrma Senton with bigger A-arms, et al. I want a wider more stable stance; and to increase the suspension clearance for bashing.
Is there a kit? Or what do I need to know. Such as upgrade the 14mm hex to a 17(?). WhAt size arms and what parts would need to be replaced I’ve already done the brushless upgrade along with everything recommended so the car can handle the power.
thanks in advance!
Derek

V3 for the big rock arms and turn buckles, as the v2 BR is narrower. I have done this on a Granite Mega and a Senton Mega, and the current part numbers for thE V3 big rock or latest version of typhon can all be found either on arrma-rc under those models and then under "expanded pdf", or just go to ebay and type that in.

Do it by part number though for sure if on ebay as there are a lot of sellers of the a arms and turn buckles that arent clear that it's for the version 2 which again is narrower.

A word of warning, wider may equal more stable but it also equals several other things, especially it you also go to 17mm. More wear faster on all the steering components, way slower turning rate, more sag in the front as the lever ratio of the longer arms allows the chassis to sit lower.

Parts I've used = RPM a arms and Arrma a arms from models discussed. Arrma Turn buckles from models discussed. Hot Racing 14mm to 17mm by 10 mm offset made for Arrmas. Rear big rock shocks (115 mm long) up front to lift the chassis back to factory or maybe just a hair higher.

I personally won't do it again.
Also note we are referring to the 3s blx version of the Typhon and NOT the 6s version that has way different suspension than your Senton.

Last edited:
These are really nice 17mm adapters and they are 5mm wider on each side so they wider the stance by 1cm total! I think there better than the hot racing ones, cause HR ones have there own 17mm thread that’s different from arrma’s.
387975A9-3DBE-423F-BEA0-2780CDFCC9EC.png

https://m2cracing.net/arrma-vorteks/578-m2c-3160-arrma-17mm-hub-extenders.html

I want to Upgrade my Arrma Senton with bigger A-arms, et al. I want a wider more stable stance; and to increase the suspension clearance for bashing.
Is there a kit? Or what do I need to know. Such as upgrade the 14mm hex to a 17(?). WhAt size arms and what parts would need to be replaced I’ve already done the brushless upgrade along with everything recommended so the car can handle the power.
thanks in advance!
Derek
Ive done this to my senton get the a arms from a typhon 3s & the tierods/turnbuckles from the typhon 3s & gpm shock tower aluminum upgrades because the stance is wider youll either need bigger shocks or that & ive tried the extended wheel hex but be careful cause that add alot of strain on the rc axels & you might want to upgrade to 17mm hex cause the wider stance makes for a lower street car the bigger wheels will give you higher ride height

And then when you hit a concrete yard decor as you just had to jink a good 1 hour back yard session with getting ready to go in but decided to say out loud “just one more lap”...and thats all she wrote...

thanks alot wide a-arms and 17mm with 10mm offsets...thanks alot...
2D51655B-92D0-45AA-A17C-B230689DE7A2.jpeg

8103075C-CC23-43D0-AF92-EA1AC316054E.jpeg

895B322C-0D98-4AD3-88E8-FB12D093564A.jpeg

image.jpg

Looks like it just violated the low screw and pulled the threads out. I was just thinking about getting these in aluminum but I think Id rather replace cheap plastic than the aluminum carrier hub transferring the stress to something more expensive.

V3 for the big rock arms and turn buckles, as the v2 BR is narrower. I have done this on a Granite Mega and a Senton Mega, and the current part numbers for thE V3 big rock or latest version of typhon can all be found either on arrma-rc under those models and then under "expanded pdf", or just go to ebay and type that in.

Do it by part number though for sure if on ebay as there are a lot of sellers of the a arms and turn buckles that arent clear that it's for the version 2 which again is narrower.

A word of warning, wider may equal more stable but it also equals several other things, especially it you also go to 17mm. More wear faster on all the steering components, way slower turning rate, more sag in the front as the lever ratio of the longer arms allows the chassis to sit lower.

Parts I've used = RPM a arms and Arrma a arms from models discussed. Arrma Turn buckles from models discussed. Hot Racing 14mm to 17mm by 10 mm offset made for Arrmas. Rear big rock shocks (115 mm long) up front to lift the chassis back to factory or maybe just a hair higher.

I personally won't do it again.
Also note we are referring to the 3s blx version of the Typhon and NOT the 6s version that has way different suspension than your Senton.
^^^ This.

iMessages awesome responses guys / gals! This is exactly information I needed. Simple and straight to the point.
I have already installed the granite wheels, which is 14 mm hex. Will those work OK or is it necessary for me to get a different wheel and possibly go to 17 mm?
again thanks for your responses and thank you advance for responding to this.
great forum

iMessages awesome responses guys / gals! This is exactly information I needed. Simple and straight to the point.
I have already installed the granite wheels, which is 14 mm hex. Will those work OK or is it necessary for me to get a different wheel and possibly go to 17 mm?
again thanks for your responses and thank you advance for responding to this.
great forum
You might have to go down a pinion gear the bigger tires put more strain on the motor causing overheating just keep a eye on it & im personally going to go with the short no extension 17mm hex theres more cheaper options for wheels going into 1/8 scale wheels and i wont have to change pinion im just going to upgrade the motor fan but agian thats just my opinion
You might have to go down a pinion gear the bigger tires put more strain on the motor causing overheating just keep a eye on it & im personally going to go with the short no extension 17mm hex theres more cheaper options for wheels going into 1/8 scale wheels and i wont have to change pinion im just going to upgrade the motor fan but agian thats just my opinion

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back