Granite I’ve figured out a Solution to the Voltage outdrive that works!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Solix

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock
  2. Senton 6s
  3. BigRock 4x4
My son has stripped out 3 outdrive since he’s had it. Someone recommended I replace the plastic outdrive on my son's Voltage with a Kraton metal input shaft cup, part AR310432. I tried it and Damn thing fits! So for now no more damn stripped out drives! The new ones are metal and secured with set screw and loctite. Hope this helps

Attachments

• 99F19BE6-E5B7-4106-8960-711CA07DFD65.jpeg
    99F19BE6-E5B7-4106-8960-711CA07DFD65.jpeg
    107.5 KB · Views: 335
  • BBE71E69-2479-4B21-95D7-20121818F621.jpeg
    BBE71E69-2479-4B21-95D7-20121818F621.jpeg
    51.7 KB · Views: 187
  • E72105EA-9D1D-47AE-81FF-163E635B225B.jpeg
    E72105EA-9D1D-47AE-81FF-163E635B225B.jpeg
    115.3 KB · Views: 163
Glad it is working for you. The stock outdrives really don't handle 'full' power very well!

I test-fit a bunch of different out-drives a few weeks ago and while the Kraton outdrive fits, I would still steer people towards the SWorks SWX-330661. It also fits, and costs several dollars less than the Kraton part, and at least the ones I got fit a little better than the Kraton part. The Kraton outdrive is certainly strong enough though, that's for sure. That thing is a solid hunk of metal!

I have the sworks on my sons granite voltage with a arrma 15t motor and am very happy with them just gotta lock tight the grub screw good otherwise its works itself off

Glad it is working for you. The stock outdrives really don't handle 'full' power very well!

I test-fit a bunch of different out-drives a few weeks ago and while the Kraton outdrive fits, I would still steer people towards the SWorks SWX-330661. It also fits, and costs several dollars less than the Kraton part, and at least the ones I got fit a little better than the Kraton part. The Kraton outdrive is certainly strong enough though, that's for sure. That thing is a solid hunk of metal!
So I looked up that part and so far Ebay US is listing it for $14.50 each. The Kraton one is at $14.99. I guess whichever one you desire better. For me the part is available at my local Hobby Town so I'm steering more towards that. The SWorks one looks pretty strong though!

It's technically cheaper at HobbyTown/AMain...but it is backordered, so that isn't too helpful!

You know, the thing I find the most interesting is that the plastic cups on the wheel side don't seem to have nearly as much problem as the inner ones. I guess maybe the dogbones cushion some of the shock, or maybe the connection to the wheel axle is stronger or something. I keep waiting for the outer ones to crack or loosen up or something, but they seem perfectly happy, even on a steady diet of Lipo's!

Agreed I figured once I put the metal ones on the outer would break bit ive held down the throttle during jumps went full speed in reverse to forward and no breakage. I thibk the internal gears will break before the outer diff cup

Dudes... i still don't see how fitting AR310432 Arrma input shaft cup 7 x 18 mm will work with long success on the Voltage. I stand corrected but the 7 x 18 mm refers to the 7mm (inside diameter of cup) and the 18mm (length of the cup).. Now... the voltage outdrive shaft is 5mm in outside diameter. So now you have the situation where the inner diameter of 7mm must be secured to the 5mm and with a 2mm clearance and just relying on the grub screws is probably worse for the 5mm outdrive shaft life than the original outdrive cup setup for the Voltage.

If someone can confirm with photos that the Kraton part AR310432 (Arrma input shaft cup 7 x 18 mm) can fit snug over the Voltage part AR310765 (Diff and Idler gear set) then that would settle the case for an improved outdrive arrangement. :)

I’m not sure how you could tell how snug the fit is from a picture, but I’ll see if I can dig up the pic I took when I was testing outdrives. I can tell you that it did fit correctly, and there was minimal, if any, play even without the grub screw tightened.

EDIT: pic added.

Attachments

• 4C5AFDF8-931D-475A-BD22-0073F99F1EBE.jpeg
    4C5AFDF8-931D-475A-BD22-0073F99F1EBE.jpeg
    248.2 KB · Views: 111
Dudes... i still don't see how fitting AR310432 Arrma input shaft cup 7 x 18 mm will work with long success on the Voltage. I stand corrected but the 7 x 18 mm refers to the 7mm (inside diameter of cup) and the 18mm (length of the cup).. Now... the voltage outdrive shaft is 5mm in outside diameter. So now you have the situation where the inner diameter of 7mm must be secured to the 5mm and with a 2mm clearance and just relying on the grub screws is probably worse for the 5mm outdrive shaft life than the original outdrive cup setup for the Voltage.

If someone can confirm with photos that the Kraton part AR310432 (Arrma input shaft cup 7 x 18 mm) can fit snug over the Voltage part AR310765 (Diff and Idler gear set) then that would settle the case for an improved outdrive arrangement. :)

The Kraton cups have worked fine for me I have no issues other than the pins on the dogbones gettting flat. It seems strange looking at it that the stock have flat spots and the Kraton input is round but it works the large grub screw does it's job holding it in place. Quite a few packs 2 and 3s packs through my brushless Voltage it seems fine to me other than already mentioned. If you won't take peoples word that they work that's fine you can keep taking your chances with the stock plastic.

Attachments

• IMG_20190715_011506.jpg
    IMG_20190715_011506.jpg
    339.9 KB · Views: 78

The inside diameter of the diff outdrive cup is 5mm not 7mm. Not sure where they get 7mm from as nothing on that is 7mm, the inside where the dog bone sits is 8mm the outside diameter is 13mm and the length is 18mm.
20190715_110437.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah I'm not sure what the 7mm is either but I. Happy to report the truck is still running with the Kraton drive cup. What has happened now is the hex on the stock DBOOTS that come with the voltage have stripped due to the increased in torque now that the Kraton cups have eliminated that week point. I've since changed all tires to the DBOOTS Ragnaroks and aluminum hex from my BRCC, which look real good on the Voltage. A bit smaller in diameter but much better performance as it has more grip than the stock DBOOTS that came on the Voltage

Metal cups have worked great for my voltage (blx 100 esc, and cheap brushless 3650 3200kv motor 19t pinion) only problem I have is stripping the main diff and idler gears whenever i go 3s but things are great on 2s

Metal cups have worked great for my voltage (blx 100 esc, and cheap brushless 3650 3200kv motor 19t pinion) only problem I have is stripping the main diff and idler gears whenever i go 3s but things are great on 2s

Nice! I've heard you have to beef up the internals once its upgraded to brushless. I'm not sure I will be doing that anytime soon LOL! My son will inherit my Senton or BRCC if it comes to that. For now the Voltage has been a proven basher for my 10 year old

I’m glad I found this post. Going to get some next week, but I’ve got a slightly different problem than the plastic cup breaking.

I managed to snap the metal that the outdrive cup goes on in half ? I will include pics

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    175.4 KB · Views: 84
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    246.8 KB · Views: 92
I’m glad I found this post. Going to get some next week, but I’ve got a slightly different problem than the plastic cup breaking.

I managed to snap the metal that the outdrive cup goes on in half ? I will include pics
I broke the diff output shaft on my Typhon 3S last week too. I can’t believe the driveshaft u-joint didn’t pop instead. ??‍♂️

Yeah I think that's strange the diff outdrive snapping especially with a brushed motor. It's a good thing there cheap also but a pain to change having to split the chassis apart to change it. I run my Voltage brushless with the Kraton input cups on 2s and 3s have not broke a diff outdrive (on the diff) just stripped spurs and just recently a diff.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back