I am getting Max 6 what's the best motor for it

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like you are getting a ton of great advice. Some serious bashers on here. To me it might depend on the vehicle and the upgrades you had in it. I just installed the max6 and the 4965 1650kv into my crazy upgraded V3 kraton. So far really happy with my temps. Even thou my esc fan broke two blades off in the first run. The wire mesh is a must. I’m a slow learner.

HW 4985 for the Max6. 80mph super basher. I would never thought it was possible but read BashingBrian and MrDuke’s post about this set up and bought it. The Kraton just barely can hold together. Max6 will thermal in the hot summer but not enough to hinder things too bad. Solid setup but you will want to rig up a fan or two.
View attachment 45468View attachment 45469
I have a question about the fan mount for this motor.
Where can I find it?
I don't find anything for the 49mm diameter.

I have a question about the fan mount for this motor.
Where can I find it?
I don't find anything for the 49mm diameter.
Hello, I had to make the fan mount for that motor. Another Arrma member made one too @Mr.Duke. Check his posts out. There are a few 45mm fan mounts which you might be able to bend to make work. Aliexpress has some. Here’s one
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/326...chweb0_0,searchweb201602_4,searchweb201603_55

Looks like you ride SuperG or what we call Enduro in the US. I do some riding but not much racing. Couple cross country races that’s it. I’m in the 50-60year old class and am loving it. Much more laid back group of guys than the 40-50.
Jim

Thank you! I will have a look.

(Off topic: For us it is also Enduro, my bike has 140mm ;) but just 4 fun.
The guys with bigger balls do Downhill :LOL:)

HW 4985 for the Max6. 80mph super basher. I would never thought it was possible but read BashingBrian and MrDuke’s post about this set up and bought it. The Kraton just barely can hold together. Max6 will thermal in the hot summer but not enough to hinder things too bad. Solid setup but you will want to rig up a fan or two.
View attachment 45468View attachment 45469
What do you mean exactly by hinder things. I want a setup that won't ever overheat. I have a slash platinum edition that dose that already (stock esc and motor) and it drives me insane. Also I have my max 6 in a xrt not my karton 8s. Do you think because of the weight difference it would still overheat. Personally when I do upgrade the kraton I'm not going any smaller than a max 5 or xlx2, especially cause I'm going to be adding weight to an already heavy truck.

What do you mean exactly by hinder things. I want a setup that won't ever overheat. I have a slash platinum edition that dose that already (stock esc and motor) and it drives me insane. Also I have my max 6 in a xrt not my karton 8s. Do you think because of the weight difference it would still overheat. Personally when I do upgrade the kraton I'm not going any smaller than a max 5 or xlx2, especially cause I'm going to be adding weight to an already heavy truck.
I'm not sure what he is talking about there but I have never thermaled a Max 6 in my 6s Arrmas but I also do not run the stock fans, the stock fans are just awful in the Max6 imho I have 3 Max6 escs the first 2 the stock fans lasted 1 battery pack, the 3rd esc I never even bothered with the stock fan took that out before I ever even ran it.

I'm not sure what he is talking about there but I have never thermaled a Max 6 in my 6s Arrmas but I also do not run the stock fans, the stock fans are just awful in the Max6 imho I have 3 Max6 escs the first 2 the stock fans lasted 1 battery pack, the 3rd esc I never even bothered with the stock fan took that out before I ever even ran it.
What are you replacing them with?

I got the same problem. I got a 4082 2000kv, abd hits 170degress with a couple of blips on the throttle. I think we've been played. Lol
I'm sure by now you've both realized your running too high kv of motors. The 1480 probably would of worked with shorter gearing.

Back