I am getting Max 6 what's the best motor for it

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That one seems kind of short, 68mm long, smaller than stock.

Lots of folks seem to like the leopard or Hobbystar 4092 in either 1750kv or 1500kv.

Yes that's the one I got also. Hobbystar 4092 in 1480kv. I still have to install it, but it should be a total beast! I also have the Hobbywing Max6 to combine it with.

I run the max 6 and hobbystar 4092 1480kv, the esc is beautiful, the motor I'm not so sure about, I seem to be able to overheat it really easily. I ended up installing a fan to help, but I chose the 1480kv hoping it would be better on temps, but it isn't any better than stock. Maybe I got a dud.

This is a video of it running
any videos after this date with the Kraton in them are running that combo.

I run the max 6 and hobbystar 4092 1480kv, the esc is beautiful, the motor I'm not so sure about, I seem to be able to overheat it really easily. I ended up installing a fan to help, but I chose the 1480kv hoping it would be better on temps, but it isn't any better than stock. Maybe I got a dud.

I got the same problem. I got a 4082 2000kv, abd hits 170degress with a couple of blips on the throttle. I think we've been played. Lol

I got the same problem. I got a 4082 2000kv, abd hits 170degress with a couple of blips on the throttle. I think we've been played. Lol
I thought lower kv motors were supposed to be more efficient, mine just needs to be driven harder, so it isn't efficient at all, haha.

I thought lower kv motors were supposed to be more efficient, mine just needs to be driven harder, so it isn't efficient at all, haha.
Man if I knew how to solder I would have gotten a much better motor. I got the 1600kv and 2000kv 4082 and they succkkkkk... lol. But I'm gonna run it till I figure out my next move. I ain't even put the trenchers 40 series on yet. Lol that motor gonna blow. But this wht you get when you trust YouTube. Lmao

Man if I knew how to solder I would have gotten a much better motor. I got the 1600kv and 2000kv 4082 and they succkkkkk... lol. But I'm gonna run it till I figure out my next move. I ain't even put the trenchers 40 series on yet. Lol that motor gonna blow. But this wht you get when you trust YouTube. Lmao
I’ve only run the 4082 2000kv motor once in my Notorious and it was pretty hot when I was done.

I also have a 1600kv and a 2000kv I really like my 2000kv with a 16t pinion. It never overheated in my outcast. I then put it in my Kraton and I ran a full 6s pack through it wot the whole time and it hit 201 degrees. But that is not how I run my cars I was just testing it. I don’t have a proper esc for the 2000kv it requires more amps than the stock box has to offer. I’m now running my 1600kv with a 21t pinion not as fast but it has not overheated yet the hottest it got was 146. Still have to do more testing

I also have a 1600kv and a 2000kv I really like my 2000kv with a 16t pinion. It never overheated in my outcast. I then put it in my Kraton and I ran a full 6s pack through it wot the whole time and it hit 201 degrees. But that is not how I run my cars I was just testing it. I don’t have a proper esc for the 2000kv it requires more amps than the stock box has to offer. I’m now running my 1600kv with a 21t pinion not as fast but it has not overheated yet the hottest it got was 146. Still have to do more testing
I run a max 6 with my 4092 1480kv with a 17t pinion my Kraton hits 88km or 54mph it is happy as long as my fans are running, without them it gets hot pretty fast. It is smoother and nicer to drive than the stock system, but no quicker, due to temps. In short bursts the thing is crazy good with a 19t and on 8s is wild, but the fun is so short, the motor without fans takes ages to cool down too.

Do you have a link for the fan?
Just do a search for this sku: (YA-0261BU) | Yeah Racing Blue Aluminium 40.8mm Heat Sink w/ Twin Tornado High Speed Cooling Fans. It comes in black as well, which would look better on the hobbystar motor. The black one is (YA-0261BK).

I have the same ESC and motor and i feel the same... its slower and seems no stronger then the stock motor and for sure is underwhelming.

HW 4985 for the Max6. 80mph super basher. I would never thought it was possible but read BashingBrian and MrDuke’s post about this set up and bought it. The Kraton just barely can hold together. Max6 will thermal in the hot summer but not enough to hinder things too bad. Solid setup but you will want to rig up a fan or two.
28B05A2E-957C-4F25-AD3A-70BD71B5999C.jpeg
CB75ED7B-D6A9-4E5F-91C9-0420B0EF14A0.jpeg

HW 4985 for the Max6. 80mph super basher. I would never thought it was possible but read BashingBrian and MrDuke’s post about this set up and bought it. The Kraton just barely can hold together. Max6 will thermal in the hot summer but not enough to hinder things too bad. Solid setup but you will want to rig up a fan or two.
View attachment 45468View attachment 45469
I wonder if a MMX will handle that motor?
@Jimbobjr - got a build thread?

I have the same ESC and motor and i feel the same... its slower and seems no stronger then the stock motor and for sure is underwhelming.
I have the 1710 kv version (and a Max6) and it pulls like a raped ape. I'm really happy with the motor, especially considering the price. I'm running a 19t pinion and it's plenty for me.

I wonder if a MMX will handle that motor?
@Jimbobjr - got a build thread?
Good question. I'm not familiar with Castle, you need an app to program them and can't be bothered. Peanut has the knowledge on them I'm sure he good give an answer.
Heres the build threads. One for the kraton and the other with the esc and motor.
https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/garage-made-shock-towers-brace-support-and-wing-setup.11092/

https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/hex-6-with-hobbywing-4985.12914/

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back