Typhon I am in love with my Typhon now.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Freelander

Frankenstein 3S
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
  2. BigRock 4x4
  3. Granite
  4. Typhon 3s
I know I post a lot crowing about my little pet project so my apologies but we ran my Typhon on 6S and it was awesome.

I got a Hobao Hyper Truggy 150A ESC from Jenny's, a surpass 4070 2650kv an older futaba 4pls and 2004gf reciever and one of those 20 buck Savox 20kg servos.

The thing is a hot mess and I really ought to replace all the links and rod ends because there's all kinds of play in it but damn does it go fast now and it's still on it's original body which has slowly devolved into so mad max looking thing.

20211125_195600.jpg

Been learning how to solder and have now successfully done about 4 ESCs 5 batteries a bunch of motor leads and stuff. A mechanic at work taught me about flux and how to take care of the tip on my weller soldering gun after I kept breaking tips.

20211118_205624.jpg

I made a custom reciever box after seeing a post on here so I could protect my fancy new to me futaba gear and still fit the very big hobbywing 150A ESC on the chassis.

My body barely fits with 2 hardcase 3S batteries in it and I had to modify the battery tray shims so I could run a large battery strap longways across the batteries and had to get longer battery straps to replace the stock 2 because they barely held a 4S hardcase to begin with.

20210826_190645.jpg

Got some custom airflow going on and some serious weathering honestly earned.

20210826_190635.jpg

Anyways. Had another crash last night. Just mangled a motor bullet. All fixed up.

Here's part of our 6S run. I have the crash on VTR also.

If you turn on the sound you can hear me analyzing the car's performance with my driver, my 14 year old son upon whom I rely to pilot thing because I have to own 4 out of the 6 broken chassis' on our wall of excellence.

Last edited:
“I’m so sorry..”

“What happened?..”

😂😂 good times good times glad to see you both enjoying the car! She’s moving out!💨💨

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back