I Babied it and Bent the Chassis. Then I Tried to Break it and it's Fine 🤷‍♂️

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have found that it's really random. I've broken arms landing just slightly wrong jumping 2 feet off the ground, then again I've taken runs like that and landed hard on the nose and tail and nothing. As far as the wacky take off that resulted in the bad hit, it really depends on how even and smooth the departure is and how fast you hit it at. The faster you go on approaching a ramp...any inconsistencies...rocks, bumps, craters will send a truck in an unpredictable trajectory. Chaos theory. For most predictable results you go with a built ramp or take a shovel and make anything as consistent as possible.

I have found that it's really random. I've broken arms landing just slightly wrong jumping 2 feet off the ground, then again I've taken runs like that and landed hard on the nose and tail and nothing. As far as the wacky take off that resulted in the bad hit, it really depends on how even and smooth the departure is and how fast you hit it at. The faster you go on approaching a ramp...any inconsistencies...rocks, bumps, craters will send a truck in an unpredictable trajectory. Chaos theory. For most predictable results you go with a built ramp or take a shovel and make anything as consistent as possible.
hahaha thanks @Raginbull74 . I was talking to a friend yesterday about this and he shrugged and said "magic". He had similar experiences where he might catch just the right angle on a 3ft hop and snap something, then crash it on a 20ft launch and nothing. Aside from the usual best practices for launching and landing, it seems like this is just part of the mystery of the hobby 😂😂😂😄😎.

No problem! Just think of it this way...imagine driving your car and hitting a speed bump. Driving over it at 10mph vs 60mph. The results are vastly different. I can go down the mechanics of it rabbit hole, but basically if the front and rear suspension isn't compressed equally on take-off, it results in a not so straight flying situation!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back