Fireteam I broke the bulkheads, now what?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mechanicos

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fireteam
  2. Kraton EXB
So today i made my first big air jumps, 2 out of 3 where very bad lands, i broke the front bulkhead and also bend the chassis at the rear where the bulkhead sits. I will try to straighten the chassis for now but what about the bulkheads? Shall i go with aluminium? If yes what will break now?
IMG_20240516_204729.jpg

IMG_20240516_204748.jpg

So today i made my first big air jumps, 2 out of 3 where very bad lands, i broke the front bulkhead and also bend the chassis at the rear where the bulkhead sits. I will try to straighten the chassis for now but what about the bulkheads? Shall i go with aluminium? If yes what will break now?
View attachment 366752
View attachment 366753

Diff cases are cheap.
Your LHS should carry replacements.

Get a couple, you'll need them.

If you go aluminum, the new Arrma EXB diffs are out.
See if you can get the whole unit from a kit breaker like JennysRC.com or their eBay store.

The suspension arms are likely to break.

:oops: bad day out by the looks of it. think you need to take it easy with the jumps till you get used to it.
. I would put a m2c racing chassis on the fireteam with it been a long wheel base car up to you really putting aluminium bulkheads on they look really nice though

The Fireteam is a big, heavy truck XLWB with not so awesome air control. Lots of inertia + lack of air control/bad landings = lots of broken everything. My (nephews) Fireteam doesn’t get sent. We have NOTO’s and Outcasts and Granites for that.
Good luck. In answer to your question, if I do aluminum bulkheads what breaks next, the answer is simply everything else.

Dan B. is correct unfortunately... the load will keep transferring down the line until it finds the weakest link, so the best solution is to upgrade the parts that are the most time consuming to change, and leave the easy-to-change parts as the weakest link; control arms, knuckles, etc.... aluminum bulkheads on a basher will need to be accompanied by good shock towers, chassis braces and t2t braces to work as a team so to speak, or as Tex said, keep it stock, and get better at sticking your landings.

6061 Bulkheads are $20 on AliExpress, have a dozen of them. Comes with all hardware and larger input bearing.

Looks like they’re almost $35 now, the world must be catching on 😮

https://a.aliexpress.com/_msdndMw

Same fitment as my $100 Vitavon which required shims.

Last edited:
6061 Bulkheads are $20 on AliExpress, have a dozen of them. Comes with all hardware and larger input bearing.

This... no need for the big money ones

I would do the Aliexpress aluminum bulkheads. I did for my S6. They don't add enough weight to harm anything else imo. Got em' for $25 each. If weight is a concern, you could try just the back piece and leave the stock plastic front covers. That truck is worth the purchase.

it will still bend with better chassis braces ask me how I no
Bulkheads are the most time consuming but also a good set is $200. I think i will upgrade the chassis with braces and keep the rest stock for now and also go easy on the jumps.

Sorry I meant i will upgrade the chassis and braces
For chassis and braces, you could check out ADU brand on Aliexpress. They're also on eBay. Strong 7075 aluminum like M2C, but a little less money.

Yeah this looks to be a good deal, do they use the bigger bearing?

For chassis and braces, you could check out ADU brand on Aliexpress. They're also on eBay. Strong 7075 aluminum like M2C, but a little less money.
Yes i have them on my radar, i already ordered some parts from them, waiting to be delivered

Back