Limitless I built a monster for speed runs.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nope they are stupid expensive for what they are....

I put an 8mm steel rod in my drill press chuck with a hole through it to add an arrma wheel hex. Even the tire truing bits are something like 60-85.00
I have used in the past a sanding block with 80 or 120 grit paper and that works well.

An alternative is to gear a car for 50 mph (less load on the motor) and either use the sanding block or hold it and let it grind the tires down on the pavement.

View attachment 215176
Got a link for the bits? I have access to a machine shop. Wonder what's different about those bits vs metal bit.

Nice build! What battery trays are you using?
Thanks,batteries are sitting on the carbon fiber chassis with 3m velcro and straps
Let me guess,kept breaking stuff from the spool back??rear center shaft,cups ,ring&pinion, diff houseing..
Pretty much,spool I made works great, blew both bearings in rear aluminum housing which has a bigger front bearing, shaft made its way and jammed in the front steering, broke out drive pins in the front diff and broke pin off of left rear shaft,when I lost the rear it caused a crash,boom another 300 dollars.

Last edited:
Thanks,batteries are sitting on the carbon fiber chassis with 3m velcro and straps

Pretty much,spool I made works great, blew both bearings in rear aluminum housing which has a bigger front bearing, shaft made its way and jammed in the front steering, broke out drive pins in the front diff and broke pin off of left rear shaft,when I lost the rear it caused a crash,boom another 300 dollars.
Damn,more weight,more power,more carnage..hope you get things figured out,,,I imagine it's a handful,to say the least...

I came to the realization that there's a thing called too much power! It's just breaking stuff easily every time I try to get past 70 percent throttle. So I took the 1100's out and put in 2400's and new body and will try again.

View attachment 215099
So you realized there is such a thing as too much power and your answer was "MORE POWER!!" -- Jeremy Clarkson

I don't know where you're from...but I like the way you think :cool::ROFLMAO::cool:

So you realized there is such a thing as too much power and your answer was "MORE POWER!!" -- Jeremy Clarkson

I don't know where you're from...but I like the way you think :cool::ROFLMAO::cool:
Yeah,I get bored with it,so I try things. I've had 5 different motors hit 157,one to 160,so I figured I'd try dual for a bit

I bet 2 tp4050-2300kv motors on 8s would be plenty to much power🤣😂..I feel the weight + power is gonna kill drivetrain.wondering why RAZ hasn't ran his 198 dual setup lately an how he has kept drivtrain together.on 8s you'll always have tons of power so only other option is to cut weight to keep everything together..if next setup tears $hit apart that would be the route I'd try next..I wanna see you get a good,clean pass with it without carnage....awesome car
BTW from switching from 1100kv to 2400kv your losing about 2.3lbs......would loss another 1.4lbs going from 2400kv to tp4050...

Last edited:
I bet 2 tp4050-2300kv motors on 8s would be plenty to much power🤣😂..I feel the weight + power is gonna kill drivetrain.wondering why RAZ hasn't ran his 198 dual setup lately an how he has kept drivtrain together.on 8s you'll always have tons of power so only other option is to cut weight to keep everything together..if next setup tears $hit apart that would be the route I'd try next..I wanna see you get a good,clean pass with it without carnage....awesome car
BTW from switching from 1100kv to 2400kv your losing about 2.3lbs......would loss another 1.4lbs going from 2400kv to tp4050...
Pretty close on weight, it dropped 2.1 lbs,and I do hope it holds up now,will find out Friday. With the spool I built,I'm running stock limitless front dogbone which is 4 inches and rear is 4.75 inches on the spc chassis.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back