i couldnt find a thread for this

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chris tallman

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Typhon 6s
so if i sold my typhon 6s as is should i get another arrma like a felony or limitless or should i get a different brand i like scale and speed so i always want to be faster than my brother and he has a stock kraton 6s so any sugestions

Well a Felony, Limitless, Infraction will smoke a Kraton 6s all day long on the street, but offroad you won't have anything to race with. Should have kept the Typhon 6S, it's quicker on and offroad than the Kraton 6s especially geared right.

For all out speed, Limitless. Street bash Infraction or Felony. The Infraction handles better than Felony IMO. Also a Typhon setup for street isn't that bad either. The Typhon and Talion are the most versatile Arrma vehicles.

I would suggest a Talion EXB. Yeah, It's pretty much a kraton, but more geared for speed than the kraton is. It's way more aerodynamic, and lower CG than the Kraton. The tires are made for "Offroad Speed" if I had to sum it up. That said there is never a perfect "fastest in all conditions" in racing, and I might suggest that simply changing the tires on ANY rig can drastically change how it performs. Put sticky tires on a Talion and lower the suspension down and it'll hold its own, but it's never going to beat a Felony. Put Kraton tires on a Talion and raise the suspension up and it'll do pretty much anything a kraton will, but it still doesn't have as much suspension travel as a kraton so it won't be superior in really rough terrain. That said, if speed in ANY condition is your main goal, then I vote Talion with a 1717-1650Kv Castle motor and MMX8S ESC. Throw as much money as you can at titanium and carbon fiber to get it light, and a couple of sets of tires for different things. One smaller street set, one larger dirt set, and some backflips or something for the do it all tire. Though I have to say I love the stock Katars. I wouldn't run them on the street all the time. Oh, you'll want a couple of different pinions to match the tire size you put on.

edit:

Oh, and I forgot to say that 75% of being fast is on the driver's skill, especially as you get into faster cars. Being able to handle the speed of these things is no joke as I'm sure you know, and just keeping them in control at high speeds gets you in the lead more often than not. But, if you're already a really good driver with your old car and are ready for something faster, a large motor on a stable car will get you far.

If you want to have something that is faster and generally does everything okay get a Talion and replace the tires with backflip lp's. Will still be able to beat him off road racing unless the terrain is really rough.

Well a Felony, Limitless, Infraction will smoke a Kraton 6s all day long on the street, but offroad you won't have anything to race with. Should have kept the Typhon 6S, it's quicker on and offroad than the Kraton 6s especially geared right.
That’s what I was thinking. Should have kept the Typhon and had the best of both worlds with a simple wheel change. But with anything it’s all a learning experience.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back