Kraton I did a front end crunch -- need advice on fixing it

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kairo

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
Hi all!

I landed bad on a jump and did this to the factory front bumper. The aftermarket obviously pushed into it and I think some bolts sheared away.

Is there a delete kit for the factory front bumper? Thank you :)

PaKKQxS.jpg

Well that is quite helpful! Thank you sir. I haven't taken a good look at it yet, but don't I need some sort of retainer and some new bolts to keep the things together up there?

Edit: I re-read that thread, and I think I can muddle my way through it. Thanks again.
Np. that's what we are here for.

You'll need a Typhon bumper (sold in a set with some rod ends, they come in handy too) or make your own plate to keep the hinges from flying out.

Forgot about that thread... I snapped the one off my outcast for a 3rd time this weekend. For some reason, I thought the kraton bumper was the smaller one and ordered it. It doesn't even fit well with the M2C 7075 chassis. I had to start the screws with the bumper not locked into the chassis/bulkhead, then screw them in a bit at a time to suck the bumper in. Even then, it still stuck out... so I cut it off with a saw, then ground the sharp edges off.

Then I did what I usually do when I can't buy something that does what I want... I cobble a mess together and hope. lol!

I made a bumper spacer bolted to the RPM bumper with a grommet on the back to touch the face of the bulkhead when compressed. I cut a recessed hole in the grommet so there's about 3/4" of compression before the screw sticks out. Hoping it doesn't push through the diff case! Kind of what I used to do on my
t-maxx's and savages. If it works, I might pretty it up a bit, or at least use a piece of black plastic so it doesn't stand out so much.

At rest on the left, compressed in the middle, pulled away on the right:
2020-0714-Outcast-FrontBumperSupport.jpg

I want the TBR thrasher front bumper I think it will look sick with my c10 body. I want their rear bumper too. I'm waiting for the email when they have blue back in stock.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back