Granite I did a thing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fknrad

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
Ever since I first saw the Purple Vorteks body, I've been obsessed on how to fit it on my Granite.

Well, with some trimming, cutting and swearing - here it is!
D3E34780-823A-4B4B-B92C-971501EEA583.jpeg

36932281-30A9-411F-A259-19E370EB63A8.jpeg

43AC4AA9-BF89-448A-9F24-18061BB9BE1F.jpeg

39A076F5-FFB9-4B8F-85FA-F032E5615917.jpeg

I’ve added Pro-Line’s Lid Skid Protector kit pretty much all over the body. Shoe-Goo inside where there are weakpoints, and Gorilla tape in places I wanted to buffer up, but keep flexing. I had to punch new post holes in the back, and covered the original ones with Gorilla Tape also. Moreover, the body posts had to be inverted so the fit was less awkward. Lastly, the front posts were shortened at least 3/4 of an inch (or more, didn’t measure), otherwise the body sat at weird angle in the front.

I also installed T-Bone Racing’s front bumper, and replaced the rear one with an original since it was about to rip off.

I’m super happy the way it turned out.

Thanks for reading!

Looks sweet! The first time I saw a Vorteks chassis I found it looks alot like a Granite.
I believe it is the same chassis, but if I'm not mistaken, the top bulkheads have different body post configurations, and the posts are different too. I wanted to fully convert these parts to fit the body as original as possible, but there are backorders everywhere for an unknown time.

I am an impatient one, but I made it work. Now to see if it'll last the abuse :ROFLMAO: .

All you need to do to fit the Vorteks body on the Granite is to buy the Vorteks shock towers, mounts and body posts. It's a little more expensive that way, but you end up with a clean body in the end.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back