I don’t f-ing believe it! ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Porschetech🇬🇪

South London hooligan Living in Cali
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Infraction
  3. Limitless
  4. Kraton 8S
So I’m here at home watching terminator dark fate on my HT system. The film has a lot of thunderous bass when all of a sudden the bass sounds all f’ed up. So I’m like wtf! So I check them both out (yes I run dual 10” subs) and what do I find?? The passive radiators (2 per sub) on the subs have come apart. The foam has split all the way around.

oh well more money that I need to spend. Never ends ??

So I’m here at home watching terminator dark fate on my HT system. The film has a lot of thunderous bass when all of a sudden the bass sounds all f’ed up. So I’m like wtf! So I check them both out (yes I run dual 10” subs) and what do I find?? The passive radiators (2 per sub) on the subs have come apart. The foam has split all the way around.

That really sucks to hear. What kind of subs do you have?

Have you re built cones before? Are they worth fixing? I know they sell kits for them Depending on the brand speakers.
Feel your pain. Been there. I have $10k invested in my HT. Partial to Dennon Rec./ multizone. My speakers are done also 6.1 surr. JBL's

That really sucks to hear. What kind of subs do you have?
Paradigm seismic 10. They were over $1k at the time. Dunno if I should look for another pair of same used ones or go for the larger 12” versions. Or be cheap and buy some Klipsch ones
Have you re built cones before? Are they worth fixing? I know they sell kits for them Depending on the brand speakers.
Feel your pain. Been there. I have $10k invested in my HT. Partial to Dennon Rec./ multizone. My speakers are done also 6.1 surr. JBL's
Nah never. I could look into it I guess

Paradigm seismic 10. They were over $1k at the time. Dunno if I should look for another pair of same used ones or go for the larger 12” versions. Or be cheap and buy some Klipsch ones

Nah never. I could look into it I guess
Lol My whole surround sound is Klipsch and I didn't think they were cheap! I thought they were really nice but I'm also used to box sets for surround sound.

Lol My whole surround sound is Klipsch and I didn't think they were cheap! I thought they were really nice but I'm also used to box sets for surround sound.
No not cheap like that. ?. Buy cheaper alternatives without breaking the bank. I know Klipsch make good subs. Best bang for the buck as one would say.

I know how you feel. We're trying to stay home and not go the populated areas like shops but in the last two days the washing machine has stopped rotating, one of the pool chlorinator fittings broke and while repairing it that's when I found the water pump is seized, and I yes know the pool is not a necessity but if I don't fix it the pool water will go bad and cost me more.

I'm somewhat of a self described audio file. I have a Marantz AVR 13.2 Atmos with SVS speakers and subs. All but the heights and Atmos are external powered Outlaw and Classe amps. I've heard some of the most impressive McIntosh systems ever put together. In my late teens and early 20's, I won DB contests with some of the original Kicker, Fosgate, Phoenix Gold, Nakamichi car systems, then went on to some of the OG JL audio stuff. Probably the reason for my sporadic tinnitus today..

If your going to purchase a new SUB, have a look into these manufacturers. They can shake the neighborhood OR be relaxing and very clean with any music. I've owned all of them, settled for 2 SVS PB16 Ultra's

SVS
PSA
HSU

On a budget, Pioneer, Sony, klipsch, Polk or any of the "name brands" cant come close to sounding as good as a $299 Bic acoustech PL 200 for the money. Just like anything else in a forum, you can really beat this vs. that to death! ;)

I'm somewhat of a self described audio file. I have a Marantz AVR 13.2 Atmos with SVS speakers and subs. All but the heights and Atmos are external powered Outlaw and Classe amps. I've heard some of the most impressive McIntosh systems ever put together. In my late teens and early 20's, I won DB contests with some of the original Kicker, Fosgate, Phoenix Gold, Nakamichi car systems, then went on to some of the OG JL audio stuff. Probably the reason for my sporadic tinnitus today..

If your going to purchase a new SUB, have a look into these manufacturers. They can shake the neighborhood OR be relaxing and very clean with any music. I've owned all of them, settled for 2 SVS PB16 Ultra's

SVS
PSA
HSU

On a budget, Pioneer, Sony, klipsch, Polk or any of the "name brands" cant come close to sounding as good as a $299 Bic acoustech PL 200 for the money. Just like anything else in a forum, you can really beat this vs. that to death! ;)

wow nice!! Yeah I was into the car scene too. I ran alpine, Rockford and kicker (not the crap they make today). Whilst not as deep into as you I did do one competition and recorded 130db with a single 10.

so you’re rocking the PB16’s!!! ??. Yeah I’m going to keep my budget to around $1000 for a pair either new or used. I’ve looked at the svs pb12 or the Klipsch spl 12’s. I know svs is highly regarded in the HT world. I really liked my seismic 10’s as they were smallish and packed a punch - single down firing driver with dual passive drivers.

speakers-subwoofer-playing-music-animated-gif-image-9.gif

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back