I don’t f-ing believe it! ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How close are they to the wall? Most ported enclosure designs require some "clean air" behind them for a specific distance, something like 8~10", but changing that distance can also be used to tweak how the speaker sounds. Cutting the distance down usually kills some of the bass, while pulling it out further "opens up" the bass response. I was surprised at how much difference it made with some speakers I finished last summer. Having the port too close to the wall killed the base, and made the speaker sound "flat", while having it 10" away opened it up. Of course YMMV, and speakers have a mystique all their own.

I’ve been looking. One retailer advised me to go with the 3000. They said the 2000’s arent as good as my paradigm seismic 10’s.
Now I may go from a sealed box to a ported box as I watch more films than I listen to music. We’ll see though.

MEH.. Must be a spiff on that sub..

F it, go for the gusto! Only about 5 dimes each with tax but they will blow your spleen through you back...;) A friend of mine has 4 of these in his entertainment room, 2 in front and 2 in the rear facing the wall. The epicenter is the center of the room where you sit. He played the beginning of Edge of Tomorrow for me once, my chest caved in.. Then he turned on the rears... :rolleyes:o_O It's STOOPID! Being a BASS head that was just insanity.. The girl in that pic with her hair blowing around, that's what it did to my cloths..

https://www.powersoundaudio.com/products/tv42-ipal-1

How close are they to the wall? Most ported enclosure designs require some "clean air" behind them for a specific distance, something like 8~10", but changing that distance can also be used to tweak how the speaker sounds. Cutting the distance down usually kills some of the bass, while pulling it out further "opens up" the bass response. I was surprised at how much difference it made with some speakers I finished last summer. Having the port too close to the wall killed the base, and made the speaker sound "flat", while having it 10" away opened it up. Of course YMMV, and speakers have a mystique all their own.

He can do the sub crawl. That or you put the subs where you sit and walk the room. As you walk you find the part of the room with the most bass. That's where you place the sub, if that's an option..

MEH.. Must be a spiff on that sub..

F it, go for the gusto! Only about 5 dimes each with tax but they will blow your spleen through you back...;) A friend of mine has 4 of these in his entertainment room, 2 in front and 2 in the rear facing the wall. The epicenter is the center of the room where you sit. He played the beginning of Edge of Tomorrow for me once, my chest caved in.. Then he turned on the rears... :rolleyes:o_O It's STOOPID! Being a BASS head that was just insanity.. The girl in that pic with her hair blowing around, that's what it did to my cloths..

https://www.powersoundaudio.com/products/tv42-ipal-1

He can do the sub crawl. That or you put the subs where you sit and walk the room. As you walk you find the part of the room with the most bass. That's where you place the sub, if that's an option..
I think you have me confused with someone else. That’s out of my price range ??

I’m looking at used but if the difference between used and new is small. Then I’ll go new

I think you have me confused with someone else. That’s out of my price range ??

I’m looking at used but if the difference between used and new is small. Then I’ll go new

2 BIC PL-200's off amazon, cost you $600. I have another buddy with them. They hit incredibly hard for the money and acoustically sound good.

Whilst on the speaker subject, I have an "IN" on a set of mint condition Electrovoice Patrician's and a vintage McIntosh tube amp:) Hopefully I can score!

2 BIC PL-200's off amazon, cost you $600. I have another buddy with them. They hit incredibly hard for the money and acoustically sound good.

Whilst on the speaker subject, I have an "IN" on a set of mint condition Electrovoice Patrician's and a vintage McIntosh tube amp:) Hopefully I can score!
Go for it!

Old neighbor is all. He's got some old school turn tables and some reel to reel's. Some top of the line vintage equ. We'll see, he keeps threatening me hes going to give them to me. :LOL:
I hope so ?

I'm still trying to track down a couple of different models of RTR. I have an very good TT and cart, but I want to be able to make a tape with stuff on it I like, and then just hit "Play" when I'm in the basement shop.

I have a couple of Sony ES cassette decks that I’m keeping. Twin decks with auto reverse. Plus I have some TDK metal framed cassettes and a Sony ceramic cased cassette unopened.

Yeah, I've seen (and owned) some really high-end cassette decks Back In The Day. Had a bunch of Pioneer "Silver Series"; 1280 receiver, the 1250 cassette deck, and the 707 RTR.

Can't remember what speakers I used them with because I was buying/trading/swapping high-end stereo stuff at the time to fund the "Silver Series" acquisitions! Probably some kind of JBL or Acoustic Research studio monitor type.

Man, sure wish I had all that stuff back! I got it for pennies, and now it would be some serious coin to gather it all up again.....

Mine gets pissed as well except 1/2 of what she says I don't hear and the other 1/2 is selective hearing... :ROFLMAO:
Mine shrilled my right ear according to my ENT Dr. She still doesn't get it. We need a quiet home. :unsure: People hear her down the block. Yelling at me. Yelling at our son.:eek: Very loud. She doesn't hear anything when you talk with her. Just hears herself. She has a problem. Yes.(y)

5’ x 5’ x 28” 584lbs!!! 8-12” woofers and 8000w continuous!!
Holy F’n Sh!t!!! ?

It even has casters... ?

I have a couple of Sony ES cassette decks that I’m keeping. Twin decks with auto reverse. Plus I have some TDK metal framed cassettes and a Sony ceramic cased cassette unopened.
WTF is a cassette deck and what are cassette's... ?

?????

I’ve been wanting to put together a vintage silver series Pioneer set up. My bil has a SX 1080 I loved. He won’t part with it. Found a SX 750 on cL... I know where there’s a SX 9900 amp that is super clean... I really scared buying 40yr old stuff ... Most will need work. That could put you upside down quick.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back