Granite I don’t where this bearing goes 5x2.5x8

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi, I received a fast eddy bearing kit for my granite. Any idea where the 2 5x2.5x8mm bearing goes
Inside the diffs

B74E5FB5-C2EE-44C6-A8B3-D33BCC757B58.jpeg

Aren't they for the bell cranks?
Kit I got didnt come with enough to do the ones in the diffs. And bell cranks.. I don't see a need to supply a bearing that is bathed in oil all its life... so I used those two for the steering, which I whole heartedly beleive they are intended for... I may be wrong... only the bearing kit guys could answer that... shoot them an email and ask thier original intention for them

Kit I got didnt come with enough to do the ones in the diffs. And bell cranks.. I don't see a need to supply a bearing that is bathed in oil all its life... so I used those two for the steering, which I whole heartedly beleive they are intended for... I may be wrong... only the bearing kit guys could answer that... shoot them an email and ask thier original intention for them
I didn't even bother opening up the diffs on mine either, 99.9% of the time the stock internal bearings will never die. My Team Associated RC10B2 from 95-96 is still rocking the stock internal transmission bearings.

That would make sense if they gave you four of those bearings. Since they give you two, it’s probably for the diffs. The kits usually replace the stock bearings. There happens to be two diff bearings and no steering bearings out of the box.

E200AF63-A27E-4B72-86AD-DAFF47D7B43D.jpeg

That would make sense if they gave you four of those bearings. Since they give you two, it’s probably for the diffs. The kits usually replace the stock bearings. There happens to be two diff bearings and no steering bearings out of the box.

View attachment 52260

You are correct sir... there are 4 bearings in the bell cranks.. I'm not sure why I wasnt putting that together... and the bell crank bearings I beleive are wider than 2.5mm.. so I'll shut up now... lol...

Dilly is correct on this one 100%

You are correct sir... there are 4 bearings in the bell cranks.. I'm not sure why I wasnt putting that together... and the bell crank bearings I beleive are wider than 2.5mm.. so I'll shut up now... lol...

Dilly is correct on this one 100%
Write this day down! It will live in infamy! I was right about something ?????

If you have them, you might as well use them ??‍♂️
And at the same time you can add a little more 10k diff oil BC it didn't look like enough to me from factory. And add some grease between the pinion and the ring gears of the diffs no?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back