i don't understand people

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chazekxt46

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Raider
  3. Senton 3s
what's is the deal with people backing out of deal's. I got a rc truck for sale with 2 offer's well first guy said I want it. well be backed out guy 2 said i will take it. well give's me a bs story and back's out it just get's old. just my rant.

Last edited:
Had the same thing happen when I sold my e-Revo on eBay twice - sold and no payment.

yea and I was going to drive to meet the guy half way

I've had good luck with Facebook Marketplace. Sold tons of stuff there, and communication is easy through Messenger.

Selling whole RCs is a waste. When it comes down to it, I sell like I buy: rollers. I can keep what I want, sell what I don't, & every single one goes fast. But I do sell fairly low. People are relatively apprehensive about dropping large amounts on as-is rigs. People that buy rollers know what they're doing & know what to expect. I haven't had any complaints.

I don't even stress it out anymore, its a game buyers do to make you feel exactly like you describe.

Seller gets desperate, and possibly lowers the price as to not lose a sale. I have become a master on text burning online window shopping trolls.

Just make sure to have a textplus or Google Voice number, never ever give out your mobile unless its a one of a kind deal. But if the possibility exists of been a troll, use Texplus or some similar virtual number.

The classic one;

Is it still available?

which I respond with, DO YOU WANT TO BUY IT?

* and then one replies w a yes and starts the waiting game. No longer, in fact I bump the price whenever they do that or simple remove the listing. If at any time one becomes desperate or starts to get anxious, thats when the buyer is gaining ground on the seller.

I love it when I show no stress at all, and they panic what happened to the listing etc.

But if short on money and need to sell, then its very difficult to demand the asking price.
Just like buying a house or a car at a smaller scale, tons of buyer trolls out there.

I havr gone on text wars, and most of the time I end up victorious, or w a nice report user either to OfferUp or admins of whatever site I am on.

I sell on rcgroups, OfferUp and Craigslist, its just the nature of it. Over texting, over explaining or immediate replies are signs the seller is desperate... fyi

Do not give out your PP info as then one is waiting like a (youknowwhat...) for payment to reflect in your account, and its nerve wrecking and lose other potential buyers as its all in a stand still. Ask them for their PP info and send them an invoice, at least you got their email and can send them a few nice ones if the buyer backs out w some BS excuse. I never give out my mailing address for money orders or check unless they provide their mobile. As I ask more info, can distinguish between an online cheapskate or a serious honest deal.

and good luck

Last edited:
Same... had a guy interested in my Stampede for sale on craigslist. Called me 5 times to make sure I would meet him the next day. Figured out a place and time and said he'd text me the next day. I texted him twice and finally called him with no answer the next day, even saying "if you're not interested, that's fine, just let me know."
Never heard from the dbag.

I was in the reverse of this situation buying parts for the truck in my member picture. Traveled 300 miles in one direction for a rust free cab and 350 miles in one direction for rear fenders and steps. Texted when I was leaving the house, texted again when I got to state border and one more time half hour away. All went smooth. Fender guy told me if I had not been in communication with him the way I was doing they would have been gone. Just an FYI for potential buyers.

I use eBay a lot but here in the UK there is another selling platform I use called "FreeAds".

I use it because unlike eBay there is no charge to use it or even a charge when you sell so it's completely free. The downside is you don't have the same protection that eBay affords you but then if it's a cash on collection deal or PayPal payment via "gift" then you're safe.

You wouldn't believe some of the cr*p that goes on though on there. Not to mention how thick some of the sellers and buyers are.
I was selling a BB gun on there not so long ago for £35 (around $45) and in the advert I wrote very clearly that; it worked, it was made of plastic with a metal magazine, it uses Co2 and it fires .177 (4.5mm) metal BB's.

The amount of questions I got from people asking; does it work? what's it made of?, what does it fire? etc etc drove me flippin' mental!! ? ?

Yeah I get the same stupid questions as well. My fav is when they ask "where are you located" and it is plainly stated in the craigslist ad INCLUDING A GOOGLE MAP.
same here

I use eBay a lot but here in the UK there is another selling platform I use called "FreeAds".

I use it because unlike eBay there is no charge to use it or even a charge when you sell so it's completely free. The downside is you don't have the same protection that eBay affords you but then if it's a cash on collection deal or PayPal payment via "gift" then you're safe.

You wouldn't believe some of the cr*p that goes on though on there. Not to mention how thick some of the sellers and buyers are.
I was selling a BB gun on there not so long ago for £35 (around $45) and in the advert I wrote very clearly that; it worked, it was made of plastic with a metal magazine, it uses Co2 and it fires .177 (4.5mm) metal BB's.

The amount of questions I got from people asking; does it work? what's it made of?, what does it fire? etc etc drove me flippin' mental!! ??

I ignore this stuff. The info is there and serious buyers understand. 'Some people' have nothing better to do than to talk with sellers and ask questions just to see themselves speak. Ignored until I see a real buyer that knows the product.

edit,: Im not mean at all and easy going. Easy to get along with. I don't even look mean.
Didnt want to sound surly at all, just aware and time is valuable. lol :)

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back