Kraton I don't understand the t2t brace thing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deaf leopard

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
I don't understand the theory behind the t2t brace - it seems to make one part of the body (the chassis) very rigid, so the deforming force of a hard landing is transferred into other parts of the car, particularly the shock towers, so they end up getting bent. Wouldn't it be better to have a t2t brace with at least a little flexibility, so that it helps to absorb some impact while stopping the chassis from bending?

Also, Arrma seems to have gone above and beyond in making the V3 kraton really robust, so why isn't a t2t brace just a standard part?

Arrma is putting a t2t on the new outcast v3...The tower to tower basically keeps the body from getting tore up after chassis flex... Even with aluminum chassis braces the trucks "especially the lwb" flexes a lot! The M2C chassis helps that a lot... The flex causes drivetrain failures if you are real hard on the truck. I have aluminum chassis braces and towers on my trucks and the chassis still flexes about 3/4" and messes up the rear body mount holes. A t2t can cut that down a lot.

Do you have a link?
Early spy shot

https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/v3-outcast.10476/

Nice! Thanks @Mr.Duke it looks pretty good. They have a redesigned shell bumper (or whatever you call it) in there too?
Yeah, they put body support/bracing on the actual body itself that I think rests on the new middle body support. Kind of like what traxxas is doing lately with their body on the rustler 4x4, e-revo v2 and xmaxx.

I don't understand the theory behind the t2t brace - it seems to make one part of the body (the chassis) very rigid, so the deforming force of a hard landing is transferred into other parts of the car, particularly the shock towers, so they end up getting bent. Wouldn't it be better to have a t2t brace with at least a little flexibility, so that it helps to absorb some impact while stopping the chassis from bending?

Also, Arrma seems to have gone above and beyond in making the V3 kraton really robust, so why isn't a t2t brace just a standard part?

It’s already been said but let me just add this... NO manufacturer of any RC is going to design a car for the most extreme bashing, quite simply it isn’t their responsibility it is yours. As far as the new outcast, I’d rather them put a better chassis and towers (materials) than a tower to tower and to be honest, it would have been cheaper for them because the plastic molds they made for the T2T certainly cost them more. I could be wrong, I’m sure if it were cheaper they would have done it unless Mitch at M2C has a deal with them ?.

Made mine for about 5$ and 30min

Attachments

• 0C922AA0-82FC-447E-AEC4-3CCFE0EB7779.jpeg
    0C922AA0-82FC-447E-AEC4-3CCFE0EB7779.jpeg
    329.9 KB · Views: 112
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back