Kraton I feel sketchy driving my kraton 4s......? why and whats wrong with it?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jaro's rc yt

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Kraton 4s
just running my kraton 4s every week, every time i just take it out and either i feel like it's going to break... and it does, like every rc, but it's always the same or similar, usually a screw falls out in the center gearbox and it's happened so many times i feel sketchy when i drive it, just last week i drove in some light rain and the esc just totally cut out, the wires had shorted and had to get a new esc. than i did some light waiding again... (i know) and the esc was flashing red, green, solid and didn't work, the servo moved a tiny bit and there was no throttle, i did all the normal stuff, unplugging plugging back in, waiting to dry, and after about 15 minutes it turned on and now stuff breaks so often that i feel sketchy driving it and i don't feel like driving it? any help any thoughts? i know its weird but my 4s kraton is so MECHANICALLY durable, the plastics are great and have never broken anything but an a arm? any thoughts?

I was that way with my Traxxas Ruster and my Traxxas E-Revo 2.0. So I sold them for big losses, just to get rid of them. Then I found Arrma and have been happy ever since.

just running my kraton 4s every week, every time i just take it out and either i feel like it's going to break... and it does, like every rc, but it's always the same or similar, usually a screw falls out in the center gearbox and it's happened so many times i feel sketchy when i drive it, just last week i drove in some light rain and the esc just totally cut out, the wires had shorted and had to get a new esc. than i did some light waiding again... (i know) and the esc was flashing red, green, solid and didn't work, the servo moved a tiny bit and there was no throttle, i did all the normal stuff, unplugging plugging back in, waiting to dry, and after about 15 minutes it turned on and now stuff breaks so often that i feel sketchy driving it and i don't feel like driving it? any help any thoughts? i know its weird but my 4s kraton is so MECHANICALLY durable, the plastics are great and have never broken anything but an a arm? any thoughts?
What screw are you talking about? One that holds the two halves of the motor mount together?

As far as the ESC goes, I would avoid getting it soaked. Don't drive it into deep puddles and don't run in the rain.

If your motor mount and pinion screws are backing out you didn’t use loctite. I’ve never had this happen once. And to be honest, I don’t even reapply new loctite every time and I should. Still has never happened.

I'll admit I never liked my Kraton 4S very much. I know what I'm doing and it always seemed to break a lot.

I'll admit I never liked my Kraton 4S very much. I know what I'm doing and it always seemed to break a lot.
Haha Ed will tell you how bad I suck and mine broke a lot too. Haven’t had issues since I put RPM arms on, with the exception of the TBone bumper ripping thru. It takes a while to get it dialed in and reliable, but I think it’s there now for me. As long as I don’t lawn dart it from 20ft at the skate park, I should be good. But just in case, I have a few spare chassis on hand. ??

Haha Ed will tell you how bad I suck and mine broke a lot too. Haven’t had issues since I put RPM arms on, with the exception of the TBone bumper ripping thru. It takes a while to get it dialed in and reliable, but I think it’s there now for me. As long as I don’t lawn dart it from 20ft at the skate park, I should be good. But just in case, I have a few spare chassis on hand. ??
What exactly broke a lot? It's not much different than the 3s trucks, durability wise. I know a lot of suspension arms broke in the beginning but I think they addressed that since I don't hear of them breaking much anymore. The diff yokes flex more and I am running the HR one in the rear. But to me it seems on par with the 3s BRCC in terms of durability.

What exactly broke a lot? It's not much different than the 3s trucks, durability wise. I know a lot of suspension arms broke in the beginning but I think they addressed that since I don't hear of them breaking much anymore. The diff yokes flex more and I am running the HR one in the rear. But to me it seems on par with the 3s BRCC in terms of durability.
I broke arms on every single run. They are just too wide to be made with their normal brittle plastic. But one set of RPMs has cured that. I have also broke a chassis or two, but those were extremely bad landings and I can't fault Arrma there. I also had one BFLP rim shatter. Had a few of the rear turnbuckles snap. Last time out broke a wing mount and rear body mount. I do love the truck tho. I don't own a 6S or 8S to compare it to, but I think this is a very good beginner basher. Plenty of speed for noobs for sure. I still like my Granite too, but the Kraton is a nicer style for me.

I broke arms on every single run. They are just too wide to be made with their normal brittle plastic. But one set of RPMs has cured that. I have also broke a chassis or two, but those were extremely bad landings and I can't fault Arrma there. I also had one BFLP rim shatter. Had a few of the rear turnbuckles snap. Last time out broke a wing mount and rear body mount. I do love the truck tho. I don't own a 6S or 8S to compare it to, but I think this is a very good beginner basher. Plenty of speed for noobs for sure. I still like my Granite too, but the Kraton is a nicer style for me.
Well I was sending mine off that berm and landing on pavement and the arms didn't break. I guess of they do I'll look at the RPM's. Turnbuckles are the same as the 3s trucks, assuming you are talking about the ends.

Anyway, I was a big critic when the truck came out but I have to say I've enjoyed mine so far.

Well I was sending mine off that berm and landing on pavement and the arms didn't break. I guess of they do I'll look at the RPM's. Turnbuckles are the same as the 3s trucks, assuming you are talking about the ends.

Anyway, I was a big critic when the truck came out but I have to say I've enjoyed mine so far.
No the actual metal turnbuckles. I broke two in a day. Both rears.

I bent a turnbuckle. Not sure how you break one. You truly have a special talent ?
Your favorite YouTuber Kevin just snapped his in the exact same way on his OC4S. I’ve never broken the plastic ends on any of mine.

Your favorite YouTuber Kevin just snapped his in the exact same way on his OC4S. I’ve never broken the plastic ends on any of mine.
I think he drives like sh!t too! ?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back