Outcast I finally got around to building my chassis brace.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
I used 3/16" thick by 2.5" wide 6061 flat stock. Used 1/8" thick plexiglass to make a template. Hopefully this will keep my chassis from bending all the time. 20181212_182946.jpg20181212_182946.jpg20181211_185053.jpg

20181212_182946.jpg
20181211_185053.jpg

Last edited:
You did an excellent job. it even looks like you left enough room to get into the receiver box without taking the brace off.
Maybe, it would be a tight squeeze. But, apparently I didn't put enough loctite on the motor mount bolts because my pinion moved and I got the whiiiiiiizzzzzzzzzz......

Thanks for the comments, I am new to the Arrma world. Hate to admit it but I rarely even look at my slash anymore. Just stowi g it away for when the 3 yr old is a little older. Last time I let him drive it he almost killed someone at the park.

Very nice work! Do you happen to be a machinist or a tool and die maker?

Thanks for the comments, I am new to the Arrma world. Hate to admit it but I rarely even look at my slash anymore. Just stowi g it away for when the 3 yr old is a little older. Last time I let him drive it he almost killed someone at the park.
Yeah my 7 yr old normally drives a traxxas stampede 2wd on 2s. Let him try out my typhon on 4s when we were out rc’ing with about 10 other ppl. My little dude full throttled it (not realizing how fast it is) right towards all of us standing in a group lol almost took out like 6 ppl!

Very nice work! Do you happen to be a machinist or a tool and die maker?
I wish, I was a mechanic for 15 years and hold welding certs. But I did this with a jigsaw with metal cutting blade, a hand drill and hand files. It took waaay too long. I have a lot more tools but they don't fit in my little garage so it is too much of a pain to get them.

That is one awesome looking brace. I believe it took as long as you claim.

On the complete opposite end of the spectrum, I thought I'd share a $1, 15 minute, but less attractive idea. I haven't actually tested it yet. My goal is to experiment with reducing rather than eliminating chassis flex. It's 3/4" PVC (10 feet for $2.79 at Home Depot), half-inch thick interlocking floor mat foam (have a stack in the garage), 2 zip ties. If the foam proves too soft, I may try rubber like a pink block eraser or similar.

I've made and used the popular square tube aluminum braces. They work but feel they might be too rigid, resulting in near instant breakage of wing mounts and bent rear shock towers (stock albeit).

Attachments

• IMG_1150.JPG
    IMG_1150.JPG
    337.9 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_1151.JPG
    IMG_1151.JPG
    265 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_1152.JPG
    IMG_1152.JPG
    180.1 KB · Views: 31
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back