Kraton I found metal particules My shocks

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know what you mean regarding price. But the HR's are worth zero$ if you cant use them. Arrma 6S shocks are generally flawless. Of course JennysRC is the cheapest nonetheless. Fridays is usually when JennysRC updates newest stock. You have to jump fast. They sell out fast like an Ebay auction.:LOL:
I hope Paul can somehow help. The only HR Rep that exists.

Just run them... I cant even count how many times I've pulled shocks apart from all manufacturers that had dirty oil with a metallic look.. even brand new arrma shocks I've seen like this with absolutely 1 or 2 packs worth of time on them..

Are you 100% sure it's not the green slime crap in the oil? It will effectively cloud the oil and make it look metallic..

Nobody has replied because all of us that do have them havnt had an issue..

I 100% beleive it's the green slime and you just cant grasp what you are seeing..

Yeah i think my hobbyshop supllier for hot racing stuff are them. He breiefly said if anything warranty concerned and hot racing wont answer we can call the suplier because they deal themselves with hot racing
Im going to call him then
What do i say when i call that SRc told me to call you? My username is impossible to prononce right in english
Yes you can mention me SRC. (Steve) He asked for your name. I said Surchaufer. Said we are both on AF. He is familiar with AF. But who isn't? AF carries some weight in the Hobby industry. Well known.IMO.

Sh×t looks like straight pearl..

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200127-151203_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20200127-151203_Samsung Internet.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 38
Just run them... I cant even count how many times I've pulled shocks apart from all manufacturers that had dirty oil with a metallic look.. even brand new arrma shocks I've seen like this with absolutely 1 or 2 packs worth of time on them..

Are you 100% sure it's not the green slime crap in the oil? It will effectively cloud the oil and make it look metallic..

I 100% beleive it's the green slime and you just cant grasp what you are seeing..

This is my opinion also, I don't think OP has posted a pic of the actually metal he's seeing, so can't really tell if it's a real problem or a perception problem.

Green slime will change its color, espoecially if you use too much. Protek Blue preimier will also change oil color. That's normal.
@Camaroboy383, Good point.
But the OP also has trouble with bleeding as well. Maybe there's a learning curve here. idk.

This is my opinion also, I don't think OP has posted a pic of the actually metal he's seeing, so can't really tell if it's a real problem or a perception problem.

He actually did...and it looks just like green slime...

Been using AE Green slime for 30 years. Started with RC10's etc. It is the go to o-ring lube. Never issues.

Been using Green slime for 30 years. Started with RC10's etc. It is the go to o-ring lube. Never issues.

Shock oil works just fine for me.. never had an issue.. all depends how you get the shaft through the orings... an aggressive straight shot will usually yield a ripped oring.. I gently wiggle the shafts as they are going through each oring, with the orings releived of any pressure from the cartridge assembly...havnt ripped one in 20 years..

99% percent of the time, I load my o-rings and all cartridge parts onto the shock rod first. Threads are lubed (regular oil or slime is fine)No tears. Tears can very easily happen. Yes. And you wont even realize it.(y) Till you get a leaker. I prelube( oil or Slime) my o rings in a plastic bag and let them absorb for some amount of time before assembly.

Edit: Silicone O-rings absorb lube/oil and should swell up a bit naturally. I prefer to condition them well before installing them. Alway better and consistent results. This applies to any type of shock. If you are using Green Slime or similar properly, not much if any should end up in the oil at all. But it wont hurt if it does, except maybe slightly affecting the actual target viscosity of your shock oil. If the lube is overused.

Last edited:

Green slime makes the oil cloudy yes but i can assure you that i see metal inside here is my bucked of flushed oil
IMG_1442.JPG
IMG_1443.JPG

Theres not a ton but when it comes to bleeding the oil with the screw loose what comes out is silver paint stuff
99% percent of the time, I load my o-rings and all cartridge parts onto the shock rod first. Threads are lubed (regular oil or slime is fine)No tears. Tears can very easily happen. Yes. And you wont even realize it.(y) Till you get a leaker. I prelube( oil or Slime) my o rings in a plastic bag and let them absorb for some amount of time before assembly.

Edit: Silicone O-rings absorb lube/oil and should swell up a bit naturally. I prefer to condition them well before installing them. Alway better and consistent results. This applies to any type of shock. If you are using Green Slime or similar properly, not much if any should end up in the oil at all. But it wont hurt if it does, except maybe slightly affecting the actual target viscosity of your shock oil. If the lube is overused.
I slide the cartdrige first and then i slide both o rings on the shaft then i push the plstic piece to push the orings inside cartdridge i don't assemble the cartdrige forst and then slide it trought the shaft because the tip of the shat is sharp

Looks like slime to me... ?‍♂️ has the same pearl look as the slime..

Also paul answered and asked me to provide pics of the inside of the shocks
My camera is bad but i can assure you i know what metal looks like ahen contamined with a clear substance
IMG_1447.JPG
Flushed the shock and this is what comes out when bleeding green slime is not grey
I cant do much with my ipad camera takes bad pictures im getting the fronts this friday... i just hope its not going to be same thing

Last edited:
It's very simple to check.. take some green slime and shock oil and mix it together thoroughly..

don't know what else to tell ya buddy...

1. Hot Racing makes products of dubious quality.
2. There is, or there isn't metal particles coming off the shocks.
3. In any case, you shouldn't have bought those shocks in the first place.
4. End thread.

Sad but true
1. Hot Racing makes products of dubious quality.
2. There is, or there isn't metal particles coming off the shocks.
3. In any case, you shouldn't have bought those shocks in the first place.
4. End thread.
Going to do a bit of research if i can buy outcast or kraton 6s shocks from jenny rc i will keep the rear hot racing ones as a backup i had a massive headache because of those shocks i have autism so when idk how to fix something my head starts to fill up with questions. Took a nap and i feel better now. I hate spending money for nothing

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back