I Give In

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PaPa Thorn

Very Active Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Notorious
  4. Typhon 6s
It's getting harder to find anyone to print parts for me locally, and I was about to bug people on here for a few pieces. But I think it would make the most sense to learn to print my own.
What I've gotten from posts on here most were recommending the Creality Ender 3 v2 or CR10. My question is, are these still the best recommendations, or has better come along since?

I have an Ender 3 Pro, version 1. I started to print and learn about it in January. I have printed numerous items for my Armma Infraction and Felony. As well as dozens and dozens of other things for other models, the household, etc. The Ender 3 is a really good beginner's machine. I think it may be the most popular beginners machine. And the price is pretty reasonable. If you are on a budget, it is a good choice.

I like the Creality ender series not only because of its solid budget, but it has a super wide array of upgrades and large 3d community support built around it. Free slicer software like Cura have Creality built in default print profiles which makes the learning curve a bit easier for newcomers to get great results right away, mostly just adjusting the temperatures of the hot end and bed and leaving the rest alone as a start for good results and you can experiment from there.

I love my Enders. I've printed a lot of stuff in the time that I've had them and have learned a lot. There is a wealth of information available on the and a huge family support system. I haven't run a single RC since buying them!

I don't have one, but basically you make/design your own files or get them from Thingiverse and other places. This is what I've learned so far. 🤷‍♂️

If you like to tune and upgrade and like the idea of messing with the printer, get an ender 3. If you want a printer to just works and not really need any upgrades to work well and first class support via chat and a strong community, get a Prusa. Mini+ if you can deal with the size limitations (7x7x7) or a MK3S+ if you want a larger size (still only 8x8x8.4" but that can do a lot)

Good luck!
Hurricane

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back