I got a fun thread to start, how much Arrma is your Arrma?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FatCatRC

FatCat Team Racing
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Notorious
We all love our rigs and we all do stuff to improve them the way we want them. So with all the upgrades and parts you have thrown on your rig how much of Arrma brand do you have left on your rig? Mine is barely an Arrma anymore. I think besides the wheels, just the body posts, shocks, front mud guards and the fr/rr diff cases. The rest is all aftermarket. So how Arrma is your Arrma?

1612399540064646798272.jpg

i am still new to the game so my current profile pic is how much arrma is my arrma
Gotta start somewhere right? I went overboard lmao I'm still not done yet. I am dabbling in some anodizing and I wanna nickel plate my drivetrain like basherqueens parts. And some 3d parts are coming for it's fpv and some wing struts from my boy @Lovestricken. Oh an it needs new fans the giant 25mm tall * 40mm fans are ridiculous and they draw alot of power so lower voltage 10mm* 40mm are going in soon.

Non-Arrma stuff:
Chassis braces (GKA)
Servo Mount (GKA)
Ackerman plate (GKA)
Chassis (M2C)
Rear shock tower (M2C)
Rear shock tower brace (M2C)
Pillow-ball retainers (M2C)
Shock caps (M2C)
Motor mount (PPS)
Diff shims (Mugen)
Front bumper (RPM)
Rear skid plate (RPM)

Last edited:
Inspired by Liberty's 4tec build i am messing around with my pre-Arrma speedrunner (originally it was Hobao Hyper VTE). It does use a limitless spool and i'll probably use some more arrma parts. At what point does it become more arrma than an orginal arrma that only contains aftermarket parts?

We all love our rigs and we all do stuff to improve them the way we want them. So with all the upgrades and parts you have thrown on your rig how much of Arrma brand do you have left on your rig? Mine is barely an Arrma anymore. I think besides the wheels, just the body posts, shocks, front mud guards and the fr/rr diff cases. The rest is all aftermarket. So how Arrma is your Arrma?

View attachment 128442
She is a gem for sure.
So much effort and time there. And $$$. :)It shows.
:cool:
Very neat layout also.

She is a gem for sure.
So much effort and time there. And $$$. :)It shows.
:cool:
Very neat layout also.
Thank you! I can't wait to get rid of those giant fans and as a bonus I will be able to get rid of my converter harness and just run off the receiver so it will be even more clean. Those cables were a pita to sleeve, hours spent there alone.

Kraton EXB - roller portion 100% Arrma, electronics all aftermarket, M2C rear tower supports added
Typhon 6s speedrunner - roller portion 100% Arrma (modified with other Arrma vehicle parts), electronics aftermarket.
Typhon 6s buggy - 50/50 Arrma/aftermarket, electronics aftermarket.
Notorious 6s - Hell if I know. Probably 80/20 aftermarket/Arrma, electronics aftermarket.
Typhon 3s to 6s - 90% Arrma, even the 6s conversion is a BLX. Only the steering is Hot Racing
Granite 3s - 100% Arrma

Love them all, even the ba$tard ones.

Exb: just fans, and standoffs are aftermarket
Noto: aftermarket fans, motor mount, center diff mount, braces, towers, standoffs, diff cases, and likely an m2c chassis soon
3s/4s rigs: played around with a few other shocks, bodies, wheels/tires, and bumpers, but mostly (90%+) arrma for sure.

We own a couple and they are all 90 percent Arrma, wheels and tires are about all that is different..
If I need to mod that much I will buy another one more suited to what I need.

Great thread @FatCatRC

Typhon 3s - custom rc motor plate, gpm diff yokes, hr helical diff and inputs, tp motor, full sealed bearing set, no standard electronics, HR hex extensions and wheel nuts, stainless and titanium tie rods, hr steering setup, hr pillows, senton and brcc bumpers, senton 6s belted tyres on proline wheels, slipper and pinion... so much lol. Had loads of GPM aluminium guff (cvds, hubs and caster) but all removed now.

Moj exb - pps diff mount and motor mount, m2c wheel hexes, titanium centre drive shafts, scorched fenders. Rest is stock.

Noto - very little stock. Basically outdrives, hexes, bulkheads, steering parts, a arms arms wheel hubs, large plastic pieces stock. Rest (inc shell, towers, chassis, electronics, wheels, centre brace, motor and diff mount, wiring, diffs (all metal, gpm front and rear, arrma centre) all non standard!

Thank you! I can't wait to get rid of those giant fans and as a bonus I will be able to get rid of my converter harness and just run off the receiver so it will be even more clean. Those cables were a pita to sleeve, hours spent there alone.
Yeah tell me about sleeving. I know. I always ask myself if it's needed everywhere. Important for certain leads.. Seems once you do the important ones, you end up doing them all. Becomes all or nothing. Time consuming. :cool:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back