I got a fun thread to start, how much Arrma is your Arrma?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great thread @FatCatRC

Typhon 3s - custom rc motor plate, gpm diff yokes, hr helical diff and inputs, tp motor, full sealed bearing set, no standard electronics, HR hex extensions and wheel nuts, stainless and titanium tie rods, hr steering setup, hr pillows, senton and brcc bumpers, senton 6s belted tyres on proline wheels, slipper and pinion... so much lol. Had loads of GPM aluminium guff (cvds, hubs and caster) but all removed now.

Moj exb - pps diff mount and motor mount, m2c wheel hexes, titanium centre drive shafts, scorched fenders. Rest is stock.

Noto - very little stock. Basically outdrives, hexes, bulkheads, steering parts, a arms arms wheel hubs, large plastic pieces stock. Rest (inc shell, towers, chassis, electronics, wheels, centre brace, motor and diff mount, wiring, diffs (all metal, gpm front and rear, arrma centre) all non standard!
Thank you! Sounds like some beastly rigs. I'll take your mojave if you ever get bored;):ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: To everyone else thank you for your replies lets keep em coming. It's interesting finding out what people have changed and left stock.

Thank you! Sounds like some beastly rigs. I'll take your mojave if you ever get bored;):ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: To everyone else thank you for your replies lets keep em coming. It's interesting finding out what people have changed and left stock.
I'm moving Maureen the Mojo (all my cars including my 1:1s get ladies' names!) up to 8s and definitely have your wiring/cable sheathing as inspiration for the new electronics. Watch this space :)

I'm moving Maureen the Mojo (all my cars including my 1:1s get ladies' names!) up to 8s and definitely have your wiring/cable sheathing as inspiration for the new electronics. Watch this space :)
8s fun! When you do go to wrap them amazon is a great source for the wrap. I used 1/8 wrap for the single 10awg wires and I used 3/8 for sleeving to wires together but it was a bit small so try 1/2 maybe. And when you cut the sleeving have a lighter handy to melt the end a bit to stop it from fraying. And use heat shrink with glue in it, normal heatshrink without glue doesn't hold the wrap in place.

8s fun! When you do go to wrap them amazon is a great source for the wrap. I used 1/8 wrap for the single 10awg wires and I used 3/8 for sleeving to wires together but it was a bit small so try 1/2 maybe. And when you cut the sleeving have a lighter handy to melt the end a bit to stop it from fraying. And use heat shrink with glue in it, normal heatshrink without glue doesn't hold the wrap in place.
Top tips, thanks buddy!

Hadn't thought much about it with my outcast... but there's a bit of arrma left on mine. I think mine's a v2, bought it on 2018.

Stock:
Body mounts (going to try RPM posts for flex)
Wing stand off part (RPM part bolts to the tower/bulkhead with the long stock bolts/nuts)
Wheelie bar wheels (on the t-bone rear skid/bumper)
Steering top plate and left steering cam (servo saver is hot racing adjustable)
Tie-rods on the front, upper turnbuckles on the rear
All 4 hubs (fast eddy bearings)
CVD's/bones
Diffs/internals/arrma alloy 2 piece cups (mugen shims) with 100k/300k/100k weight oils.
Center body support/pins that hold it on
Battery box (with metal t-nuts for durability)
Receiver box
ESC plate (modified to fit a max6)
Backflips wrapped with 500lb kevlar cord
Bulkheads/caps
Servo arm/connecting ball end rod
Side skirts
Hinge pins/hinge pin caps/braces
Shocks with ARA330608 ends (tekno balls)
BLX2050kv motor (soon to be replaced with Rocket 4092 1650kv)

Everything else I can think of is aftermarket:
RPM arms
M2C chassis
M2C rear skid plate
M2C rear tower support
Voltage Hobbies rear wing brace/mount block
Russian Titanium towers
Scorched Parts titanium ackerman bar/front hub winglets
HR chassis braces
HR sliding motor mount, front x-brace, center diff top cap
HR servo saver
T-Bone rear skid/wheelie bar
RPM front bumper/skid
ProdbodyRC Body
Max6 esc with 35mm alloy cased fan
Powerhobby dual fan motor cooler with 30mm alloy cased fans
Fast Eddy/TBR sealed bearings throughout
TBR ceramic hybrid bearings in the motor
Hobbystar HCS-4521 servo
Spektrum SR210 receiver (DX5C transmitter)

2021-0217-outcast-35mmRocketSurpassFan-max6-side.jpg

2020-0710-Outcast-BackflipTires-wrapped-side-body.jpg

Nero Big Rock - All Arrma except for a brushless JX Steering servo

Nero HD - Mostly Arrma except for a brushless JX Steering servo, HR steering components, HR bumper/hinge pin mounts, & Proline wheels/tires

Nero HD #2 - All Arrma roller and not finished yet

Last edited:
I upgrade as the parts break. You can see most of the upgrades but not the Hot Racing front and rear hubs. I thought I lost the motor once, but replaced both bearing and it's still going strong. Of course, the servo was replaced the first week.

20210227_095300.jpg

We all love our rigs and we all do stuff to improve them the way we want them. So with all the upgrades and parts you have thrown on your rig how much of Arrma brand do you have left on your rig? Mine is barely an Arrma anymore. I think besides the wheels, just the body posts, shocks, front mud guards and the fr/rr diff cases. The rest is all aftermarket. So how Arrma is your Arrma?

View attachment 128442
rear hubs front pillowballs front suspension mounts all diffs and cases body mounts wheels and tyres all driveshafts and wheel hexes servo mount battery tray motor mount motor and esc everything else m2c and voltage hobbies rpm and a probody from russia

All 3 of mine are still 90% Arrma I'm not a big modder. I like to beef up for speed and maybe some RPM Parts or a T-Bone Bumper otherwise all Arrma all the time.
We all love our rigs and we all do stuff to improve them the way we want them. So with all the upgrades and parts you have thrown on your rig how much of Arrma brand do you have left on your rig? Mine is barely an Arrma anymore. I think besides the wheels, just the body posts, shocks, front mud guards and the fr/rr diff cases. The rest is all aftermarket. So how Arrma is your Arrma?

View attachment 128442

My new 200+mph build is going to use the Arrma front hubs, stub axles, and wheel hexes. The rest is custom... can I call it an Arrma?

It certainly wont look like one LOL
Who really cares what it looks like as long as you love it
Inspired by Liberty's 4tec build i am messing around with my pre-Arrma speedrunner (originally it was Hobao Hyper VTE). It does use a limitless spool and i'll probably use some more arrma parts. At what point does it become more arrma than an orginal arrma that only contains aftermarket parts?
Some of the guy builders change everything on there rigs and only pick up 5 or 10 mph, for hundreds and hundreds of $$, most crash them and then spend more, just like full size cars n trucks, but if you can muster up the bucks, just do it, its just the nature of the beasts. DJLSR, PS i ALSO LOVE MY FELONY.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back