I had an idea for some different body clips.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
An update, I received the tooling I needed and made a few test pieces this morning. The new alloy(spring stainless - full hard) is much more springy, considerably more. It seems that it will not be brought past its yield point during installation/removal.

Cold working tempers it nicely(it becomes magnetic in its tempered state) and it's age hardening, so it should only get harder as it sits after cold working. It takes way more force to form it, my fingers are going to takes a beating. It takes more horsepower for the initial step than I have at home so I'm going to have to do the initial work at the shop. I hope to have some sets ready to go in a week or 2.

oh yeah, I forgot. I painted some. First I used some cheap dollar store rattle can enamel, it cracked off once it was fully dry. But then, I used some of the Tamiya rattle can paint for polycarbonate, so far it's holding on pretty well. I did no prep or primer for either paint.

Yea buddy! The ones on the Kraton are still holding up. I still need to get you measurements for the Granite!

Keep your eyes on this thread. I'm hoping to have things together in the next couple of weeks. What vehicles? I might not have numbers for it. Easy enough to remedy that though.
Perfect! I will be definitely doing that.

I currently need it for a Talion, Outcast 6s, Granite and an Outcast 8s. I can take measurements if need be.

Perfect! I will be definitely doing that.

I currently need it for a Talion, Outcast 6s, Granite and an Outcast 8s. I can take measurements if need be.
If you can, take measurements inside to inside of the body posts. I have no numbers for those. Thanks. SAE or metric, doesn't matter.

For the Talion

Front: 34mm
Rear: 55mm

IMG_5975.JPG

IMG_5976.JPG

Outcast 6s

Front: 48.5mm
Rear: 66.3mm

IMG_5977.JPG

IMG_5978.JPG

Big Rock

Front: 65mm
Rear: 64.5mm

IMG_5979.JPG

IMG_5980.JPG

Still waiting for the Outcast 8s to be delivered but once that does I can take those measurements as well.

For the Talion

Front: 34mm
Rear: 55mm

Outcast 6s

Front: 48.5mm
Rear: 66.3mm

Big Rock

Front: 65mm
Rear: 64.5mm

Still waiting for the Outcast 8s to be delivered but once that does I can take those measurements as well.
Awesome job with the dimensions. I'm giving the new tooling a test run tomorrow at the shop. If everything goes according to plan I won't lose an eye. :) And I'll have some mat'l. I can can start forming with. Thank you for the numbers.

Awesome job with the dimensions. I'm giving the new tooling a test run tomorrow at the shop. If everything goes according to plan I won't lose an eye. :) And I'll have some mat'l. I can can start forming with. Thank you for the numbers.
You’re welcome. Happy to help. I will take the measurements for the Outcast 8s when it arrives and post those.

Let me know if you need anything else.

You’re welcome. Happy to help. I will take the measurements for the Outcast 8s when it arrives and post those.

Let me know if you need anything else.
Awesome! Thanks much.

The new tooling works reasonably well and I still have both eyes. I could've gotten a semi-auto machine which I'm sure would be much more consistent, but the cost was way out there. The manual setup works fine for the intended use. I now have some mat'l. that I can start forming with. If all goes well I should have some sets by weeks end. Thanks for the numbers and feedback everyone!

Awesome! Thanks much.

The new tooling works reasonably well and I still have both eyes. I could've gotten a semi-auto machine which I'm sure would be much more consistent, but the cost was way out there. The manual setup works fine for the intended use. I now have some mat'l. that I can start forming with. If all goes well I should have some sets by weeks end. Thanks for the numbers and feedback everyone!
Awesome man, sign me up for a pair for a Kraton6s

Yeah, lost it on a nasty upside downer, skidded a long way
ouch, that puts one in the negative column. Did you have tethers on it?

edit: is there a way to force the forum to put a comment into a separate post? I want to make a separate post to this thread but the forum keeps adding it to my reply to you.

Last edited:
I would be interested in these when they become available. I have a Kraton 6s and a Corally Muraco that I might want to use these clips on. The Muraco measures 41.7mm between the front posts, and 49.7mm between the rear posts.

I would be interested in these when they become available. I have a Kraton 6s and a Corally Muraco that I might want to use these clips on. The Muraco measures 41.7mm between the front posts, and 49.7mm between the rear posts.
Yes sir. I'm working on where best to put them up for sale. Suggestions welcome.

Where would people be most comfortable buying from? Ebay, Etsy or somewhere else? I'd like something formal so there are records for all parties involved. Looking for suggestions here.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back