I had an idea for some different body clips.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ilikehosewater

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fireteam
  2. Kraton 6s
I had an idea for body clips. As I have way less experience than most people here, does anyone see any issues with this idea? I should've used a jig to bend them but this was proof of concept. Let me know what you think about them. Thanks.

Edit: I need some dimensions between the posts of some other models, one that are typically used to bash. I'm going to make some to send out to people(USA peeps for now) for testing. I have a Kraton 6sv5 so I'm good on that model.

Last edited:
Could even do a single factory rubber tether as extra insurance?I
I was just putting the pro in procrastination over drilling more holes lol. But thats a good idea
Nice! 2 pins instead of 4. Saves time!
Yep, just stand it up and squeeze. I do need to chamfer/radius and polish the ends.

Why?

He should totally patent this and sell these.

Just like the paperclip..
Tex, I am going to whip a couple of bending jigs up this week. The inconsistent radius bothers me, more than it should but that's the world I come from. The issue is not knowing the dimensions between posts for rc's other than mine. Wanna front the cash for a patent?lol. China will just be making them tomorrow. I'll gladly make them for other rc people tho-

btw, Thanks everyone. It was THE first thought I had when dealing with the hairpin clips, I have an unatural dislike of them.

Why?

He should totally patent this and sell these.

Just like the paperclip..
Exactly..why give any company a chance to make money or take credit on your idea.i bet if you don't quickly do something to protect this cool idea this will be on eBay in no time.at least water proof your pics.untill you figure a way to patent.you could make these in different colors to match body covers. Good luck.hurry before china man sees this👍😁🤟

Great concept. Also kind of hard to lose them. (y) Seems it would almost be impossible for the the body to come off now with any hard impact.
Using Spring Steel wire would also be a great choice.

Exactly..why give any company a chance to make money or take credit on your idea.i bet if you don't quickly do something to protect this cool idea this will be on eBay in no time.at least water proof your pics.untill you figure a way to patent.you could make these in different colors to match body covers. Good luck.hurry before china man sees this👍😁🤟
King blitz,
China has zero respect for our patents. Colors would be nice, but from a manufacturing view, anything that would provide longevity would not be viable. Even if you paint them, first time you flex it hard the paints coming off. And who doesn't like the look of SS?
Using Spring Steel wire would also be a great choice.
A spring steel wire will just rust. SS is very springy. It's got a pretty high Youngs modulus.
Well everyone, judging by the reactions here I'll get on making some jigs and get these out to some other people for empirical testing. I get that it looks like a good idea, I've seen more than a few good ideas fail testing.

That's slick, cool idea! If you wanted to get fancy, maybe you could put little "ears" or features just before they go through the posts, to give you something to squeeze.

My only concern, if you want to call it that, is them kind of swinging around. As-shown, the clip is laying flat against the body. But when bouncing around, I'd imagine it will pivot at the posts, and the clip will stand upright, or flip and face the other way. If you added a small flexible tether at the coil, to keep it at the body, that would help prevent the clip from swinging around and pivoting.

Heck, if the coil was ferrous steel (which is less common for stainless), this "tether" could possibly even be a small, strong (rare-earth/neodymium) magnet secured to the underside of the shell, under the coil.

That's slick, cool idea! If you wanted to get fancy, maybe you could put little "ears" or features just before they go through the posts, to give you something to squeeze.

My only concern, if you want to call it that, is them kind of swinging around. As-shown, the clip is laying flat against the body. But when bouncing around, I'd imagine it will pivot at the posts, and the clip will stand upright, or flip and face the other way. If you added a small flexible tether at the coil, to keep it at the body, that would help prevent the clip from swinging around and pivoting.

Heck, if the coil was ferrous steel (which is less common for stainless), this "tether" could possibly even be a small, strong (rare-earth/neodymium) magnet secured to the underside of the shell, under the coil.
As they sit, they stay pretty well. but thats why I'm going to make a few sets and send them off to some serious bashers. NOTHING beats empirical testing. We shall see if they actually work.

King blitz,
China has zero respect for our patents. Colors would be nice, but from a manufacturing view, anything that would provide longevity would not be viable. Even if you paint them, first time you flex it hard the paints coming off. And who doesn't like the look of SS?

A spring steel wire will just rust. SS is very springy. It's got a pretty high Youngs modulus.
Well everyone, judging by the reactions here I'll get on making some jigs and get these out to some other people for empirical testing. I get that it looks like a good idea, I've seen more than a few good ideas fail testing.

👆 There it is! The only people who care about patent laws is us.. it's futile to try to protect it... Just ride the wave while you can...😎👍

I used 316L because it's what I had on hand, easy enough to switch to a ferritic stainless but there are other properties to be considered.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back