Fazon I hate buying used rc cars online

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Limitless
  2. Nero
  3. Talion
I bought a used fazon (new to me), I was aware of the servo not working, but not about the micro servo for the center diff, the 1/4 of the hardware that was damaged or missing (took me 10hrs to fix), the damage on the body. The person did not take pictures of the broken parts (like that person should have). I also am ticked off because the person said it would come with "the side battery boxes" (indicating plural), but the day the seller shipped the car he told me he could not find the other battery box (they cost $32 each+ tax). If the person does not find the battery box by Friday I am going to ask for a $40 refund. After all the negative I will say a diff brain was included with the car (it was not mentioned in the listing). So if the car is available new DO NOT GET AN OLD ONE.

I bought a used fazon (new to me), I was aware of the servo not working, but not about the micro servo for the center diff, the 1/4 of the hardware that was damaged or missing (took me 10hrs to fix), the damage on the body. The person did not take pictures of the broken parts (like that person should have). I also am ticked off because the person said it would come with "the side battery boxes" (indicating plural), but the day the seller shipped the car he told me he could not find the other battery box (they cost $32 each+ tax). If the person does not find the battery box by Friday I am going to ask for a $40 refund. After all the negative I will say a diff brain was included with the car (it was not mentioned in the listing). So if the car is available new DO NOT GET AN OLD ONE.

I've got a couple spare boxes. I'll send ya one for only the cost of shipping. I can't use mine anymore.

Ive stretched out my Nero with some new tvp plates I've machined. Slapped on some Xmaxx sized tires and boy is she an awesome beast now ☺

I've got a couple spare boxes. I'll send ya one for only the cost of shipping. I can't use mine anymore.

Ive stretched out my Nero with some new tvp plates I've machined. Slapped on some Xmaxx sized tires and boy is she an awesome beast now ☺
The person is still claiming he is "looking for it", if he does not get one to me...I will pm you
Why did you click BUY then? Why didn't you ask to see more pics? Why didn't you ask for a refund of $40 the day he told you he couldn't find the box?
I am giving him until the end of the week. He said it was working great, so why would I need more pictures?
I will try and get ahold of the ipad

If the original posting was so unclear you couldn't tell the body was damaged and there were missing screws that is on YOU to ask for detailed pictures and not trust someone else. Sounds like most of this complaining is coming from the lack of effort from you to ask for more detailed pictures, description of the car, whats broken/needs to be fixed, etc.

pics as promised
0000.jpg
000.jpg

Bought a K8S, Limitless, Raider Mega, and Nero all used. Only one that has had any issues that have been at all significant to deal with is the K8S. Motor mount slider screws are stripped. Still have to pull it apart, just haven't yet.

I ❤ used rc's! Guess I've been lucky so far...
I think I’m with you there Because I’m always looking on local Facebook for something lol. If i like fixing my own (limited) damage so much I’ll probably like fixing somebody else’s even more. I guess it all depends upon the deal you’re getting. There is an inherent danger in buying online though when somethings used. Not being able to touch feel or throw the thing…👎

Don't buy a used car online if you plan on keeping it mostly stock or unless you know everything about the car. I bought my Slash 4x4 used on eBay as a roller, and the seller told me that it came with aluminum C hubs, aluminum steering blocks, aluminum rear hub carriers, new set of tires, Proline extended body mounts, and an LCG chassis for around $200 ($180 and tax). When it arrived, it came with everything the seller said, but the chassis was so scratched that it looked kind of fluffy, the aluminum parts were very scratched and a little corroded, and the set of wheels were from a Slash 2wd (different offset). I expected it to be scratched and beat up from the pictures, but IRL, it looked much more scratched. The front skidplate had a hole from scratches and I even found a part of a plant (still green) near the spur gear.

That didn't really quite matter, since I got it at a fair price, the drivetrain was fine, and I was converting it to an LCG with a conversion kit anyway, but there is absolutely no way I could have kept it stock. I replaced most of the parts with new LCG parts, added new bumpers, re-oiled and regreased everything, and installed GTR shocks, so it is pretty much a new car (apart from the hinge-pins, bearings, A-arms, diff-case, and drivetrain).

I ❤ used rc's! Guess I've been lucky so far...
Same here. Bought my first, witch is also my present, Senton 3S blx used. 4 months old. With a lot of spare parts, upgrades and 3 lipo 2s batteries and new body included. I picked it up at the sellers house so i could test is. Thing is like new. I would not by a second hand one that can’t be picked up personally.

Sucks when you and a seller have two opinions on what condition is. Those micro servos are pretty cheap and hardware is easy but still a hassle. Hopefully you will get the money back for the bat compartment. On the bright side you have a Fazon 6s and that’s a pretty cool deal, good luck with it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back