Infraction I hate Horizon Hobby so I'm thinking of leaving Arrma

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
These are mass produced toys. We are enthusiasts so we try to hold them and the companies that make them to a higher standard, but production line realities are that many bad apples will get past QC.. As far as HH, overall I have had good experiences with them honoring warranty claims, but it sure does take them long enough to do it lol

My experience with HH has been good. Sent me a new motor when screws fell out of my Kraton and a new reciever for the Infraction after troubleshooting with them today.

That being said, this is why they make EXB rigs for the more and more of their cars, and you can make a decent deal selling pull-off Spektrun parts.

I really think it's about your approach to the warranty team.

I've successfully filed 3 claims but I do hear bad stories every so often.

I think new people who can't display a working knowledge get denied and I never demand anything. I am simply explaining what happened with part numbers and photos in as much detail and technical knowledge as I can provide.

It's really up to them what they do: but I never played the heavy or threatened to leave the brand or anything like that or claim I spent so much money blah blah.

It's all about the simple electrical or mechanical fault and asking if the warranty applies.

That's all you can do and not being a peepee about it seems to work really well.

Not saying OP was dickish or not knowledgeable but those two seem to be the reasons they don't honour the warranty.

They have given me a new motor and esc. Tons of stuff and never had to show proof. Other than the receipts And they treat me with a lot of respect. I just don't see this being real.
I usually have to show a video. Two times I had to send in the ESC this was after 3 went out in the same car. After the 4th I sent them the car. Requested the go through the electronics. Nope.......ESC replaced was the only note. 5th ESC I asked for 160amp....denied. HH can be trying at times.

I have had many problems with the pektrum servos even with endpoints set . I just had to replace a replacement that went out AGAIN after 2 runs and it being brand new from HH.

HH is amazing with customer service, decent products. Honestly, I don't know of any other brand that treats anyone better. Also, don't even start with Traxxas warranty :ROFLMAO:
Traxxas customer service is in my option better the call back for HH is 1 1/2H traxxas is instant.

Edit: the Traxxas warranty is garbage i will agree. ( I have 3 Traxxas and 2 Arrma shirts (got to have something Arrma. lol). but i have done some kit braking and it feels like Arrma is better built.

These are mass produced toys. We are enthusiasts so we try to hold them and the companies that make them to a higher standard, but production line realities are that many bad apples will get past QC.. As far as HH, overall I have had good experiences with them honoring warranty claims, but it sure does take them long enough to do it lol
Only once did something take forever. And because it was backorder. Most of things were next day. Since I am 4 hrs from Chicago. But even stuff from California took 3 days max

I can say my .02. I tried just with a slipper assembly. Due to the fact of the machined part was 3 diff thickness that sits in the spur gear and the middle gold ring part snapped first easy turn. I sent receipt for part, truck, personal info, lhs info, great pics and explanation. They emailed me back wanting same info again. So I did. They sent same email again. That was a 7$ part. 😆🤷. Maybe better with more important claims. And no business should have customer service that is inadequate or minimal. Esp a huge $ hobby/business

There is a lot of people that abuse the warranties and have ruined that warranty process for all of us.
It is the sad reality that we live with these days.

Business is tuff and margins are tight. There really is no better option to go with another other brand. Nothing on the market compares to the Arrma 6s line in durability and cost.

The only option would be moving to Mugen, Tekno, X-Ray, but that choice comes at a cost and they don't have the aftermarket support for bashing.

Hobao Hyper series is cheaper and stronger than the Arrma 6s series,(except the driveshafts on the truggy I hear they are a bit on the weak side) Hobao just does a terrible job at marketing.
In my experience Traxxas will definitely not look at anything you've changed a connector on.
Wait Traxxas has a warranty on their escs?

As a side note I have noticed that what country you live in also plays a roll in what kind of service you will receive from Horizon Hobby, within the US you will likely not have any issues with them, outside of the US things start to get rather hit or miss and if you live in Europe you might have better luck finding a unicorn than getting any help from Horizon.

Last edited:
Hobao Hyper series is cheaper and stronger than the Arrma 6s series,(except the driveshafts on the truggy I hear they are a bit on the weak side) Hobao just does a terrible job at marketing.
They really makes some great stuff from street to monster trucks to racing truggy/buggys. You are so right about their marketing. I haven’t been on the website lately but the last time half of their models were not even there. I had to go on to hobby store websites and YouTube to get any info at all. I’d imagine their customer service would be less than fantastic if you can barely use their website.

A0634BB6-4B56-4706-AA30-2E50FA4C889C.jpeg

I don’t look at it that way. I have so much invested in this hobby. It’s a money pit. I’ve never used any of the warranty.
parts are cheap

Go buy a boat if you think the rc hobby Is expensive.

I think you need a new hobby? Maybe cross stitching or knitting?

Wait Traxxas has a warranty on their escs?

As a side note I have noticed that what country you live in also plays a roll in what kind of service you will receive from Horizon Hobby, within the US you will likely not have any issues with them, outside of the US things start to get rather hit or miss and if you live in Europe you might have better luck finding a unicorn than getting any help from Horizon.
Great point, I always forget about Hobao.
But again you wont have all the aftermarket basher parts like you do for the Arrma vehicles (M2C, PPS, Voltage, Scortched, etc...)

Great point, I always forget about Hobao.
But again you wont have all the aftermarket basher parts like you do for the Arrma vehicles (M2C, PPS, Voltage, Scortched, etc...)

Hobao makes their own 7075 upgrade parts.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back