Felony I have a MMX8S 1717 1650 Combo, what should i put it in

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChemEng

Very Active Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Kraton EXB
  3. Mojave EXB
Usually people ask "what motor should I put in my truck" but I am asking the inverse... what truck should I put my motor in?

I have found myself in possession of a MMX8S 1717 1650kv combo with no home.

I already have:
Traxxas X-Maxx (stock)
Traxxas Maxx (stock)
Kraton EXB (same combo)

I have an extra reciever so all I need is a servo and a roller.

What would you buy? I am partial to arrma.. Mojave EXB seems like an obvious choice, but I have a bunch of trucks and am intrigued by road only cars like the felony... its just too bad they don't make a roller...

Watching videos the infraction looks like more fun than limitless (I don't have the space for speed runs, but parking lots are plentiful for drifting around here). Is there really a market for stock electronics? What would infraction guts fetch on the market?

Watching videos the infraction looks like more fun than limitless (I don't have the space for speed runs, but parking lots are plentiful for drifting around here). Is there really a market for stock electronics? What would infraction guts fetch on the market?
Ya definitely there's a market, probably sell them on here actually 👍 I'd have to look but even from Jenny's I believe the combo would be about $150

Ya definitely there's a market, probably sell them on here actually 👍 I'd have to look but even from Jenny's I believe the combo would be about $150
Interesting. I NEVER sell stuff. I have boxes of new parts for hobbies I abandoned years ago, but it would really take the edge off that $650...

Interesting. I NEVER sell stuff. I have boxes of new parts for hobbies I abandoned years ago, but it would really take the edge off that $650...
Yep just browse through the classifieds people sell everything from tires, A arms, ESC's, motors to complete rigs etc. Also you'd have a better chance selling the here as more than likely someone will want it for a replacement or a project etc.

Cool... doing some reading now... what gearing do you use for bashing? Any cheap tires out there for bashing? I am not used to wearing out tires...
GRP S7 tyres or s5 if the weather is cooler. And a 25 tooth pinon with stock spur also run twin 19 cfm fans on motor

I got that combo in my Limitless with 39T pinon and fans and she'll just burn the tires up. Talked about big drifting fun, just stock up in tires LOL.

no fits like a glove
Do you use the stock servo? I usually upgrade servos first thing but I don't see many threads on servos for the infraction.

If you do upgrade the steering servo do you just run it at 6 V and use the stock handbrake servo or do you upgrade them both and bump up the voltage?

So many questions...

Do you use the stock servo? I usually upgrade servos first thing but I don't see many threads on servos for the infraction.

If you do upgrade the steering servo do you just run it at 6 V and use the stock handbrake servo or do you upgrade them both and bump up the voltage?

So many questions...
I'm using a jx servo at 7.5 v and have removed the handbrake set up as never used but some guys like to use it as a backup brake. wish I had it today when i hit a curb doing drag runs

I'm using a jx servo at 7.5 v and have removed the handbrake set up as never used but some guys like to use it as a backup brake. wish I had it today when i hit a curb doing dragembrace?

Yikes, any damage? I imagine curbs are the infractions worst enemy...

I like the jx servos, great value. Any reason why I couldn't buy 2 and use one for the ebrake? Does it use a special size or type servo?

Why does the infraction need more brakes? That 1717 will send my kraton end over end if I mash the reverse too hard...

Yikes, any damage? I imagine curbs are the infractions worst enemy...

I like the jx servos, great value. Any reason why I couldn't buy 2 and use one for the ebrake? Does it use a special size or type servo?

Why does the infraction need more brakes? That 1717 will send my kraton end over end if I mash the reverse too hard...
Killed the gopro & bent the chassis but some how my front splitter and body survived. The infraction sits low so when you want to stop at speed you need a lot of space to slowly brake or it just slides uncontrollably.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back