Typhon I have a strange question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jester194

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Talion EXB
  2. Typhon 6s
I bought a robot dog called bittle for my son thinking it was remote control out of the box... It's not.... I assembled it but have no idea anything about coding with audrino... If anyone knows how to it would be great for some input... Otherwise I'm just going to sell the thing

I bought a robot dog called bittle for my son thinking it was remote control out of the box... It's not.... I assembled it but have no idea anything about coding with audrino... If anyone knows how to it would be great for some input... Otherwise I'm just going to sell the thing

You'll mainly need to know Arduino IDE (Integrated Development Environment ,it's the native coding program). If you're not familiar with writing code from scratch, you can also look into 'Scratch', it's a visual programming language.
My 8 year old daughter (has been using it since 6) and she's pretty good at it now.

I should also add that these programs are totally free to use.
Arduino IDE - https://www.arduino.cc/en/software
and
Scratch is browser-based so works straight from your browser (created by MIT) -
https://scratch.mit.edu/

Last edited:
How old is your son?

If he wants to give Scratch a try, we can setup a video conference for my daughter to give him a few quick tutorials to help get him started.
PM me and we'll coordinate a convenient time for them to collaborate.

My son is only 3... I fix buses for a living but can't figure this coding stuff out lol

I see...
Well, when it comes to Computers, A.I. , Robotics..
It's Never too early/young to start getting their hands "dirty".

Programming/Coding is just like fixing buses or anything mechanical.. You first start with having to learn which tools to use and then be able to follow some instructions to how to use said tools to make something happen.

Start him off with the Scratch program, it's super simple and watch a couple of Youtube instructions.
It's mainly drag & drop pre-defined commands/code-blocks together in a string to make things happen..

But, I would agree with you that That Bittle is perhaps Too advanced for a 3 year old to play with...

I can't seem to figure out the whole zipping files and unzipping files to put in audrino and when I do it ends up programming this thing to do absolutely nothing I want it to....

I can't seem to figure out the whole zipping files and unzipping files to put in audrino and when I do it ends up programming this thing to do absolutely nothing I want it to....

Arduino IDE loads onto your computer/laptop first..
You then have to manually write code commands that will make Bittle do what you want first.., Then you have to load your code into Bittle for it to execute (do) what you want.

It's definitely a bit more involved.

It's not drag & drop.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back