Outcast I have another comparison question: Outcast 4s vs Outcast 6s, pros and cons?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joefishey

Reaction score
At the moment, I'm not planning on buying either of these in the next 6 months or so, but both of these rigs are interesting to me, especially because with the V2 4s truck being basically the same size. I'm curious if there is much of a reason to get the heavier, more expensive, 6s version, because it would seem to me the the lighter the better when it comes to doing ignorant stunts.

We have one of each in the stable. 6S is V1 with some upgrades. The 4S is a blast. Think it depends on what one wants, Is 4S OK with ones ego or does the ego need the 6S power. I would not buy the 6S after having the 4S. Cheaper to buy, Cheaper batteries. Cheaper parts for repair. Lighter yes, but not as much as one would think. It weighs very close to what an MT410 weighs. The MT is now rated for 4S to 6S. All three are great trucks. To pick a winner would be hard as they are close. Think I would rate the 6S Outcast as #3 with a slight edge going to Outcast 4S for the least costly. For the best would have to go to the MT for durability. All three are real winners one would be happy with for a long time. One person's views.

So I have both the v2 4s and the Outcast 6s EXB. Very different trucks. Slipper system in the 4s turns people off compared to the center diff on the 6s. All parts are more durable on the 6s. Especially the EXB. Easy access diffs on the 6s not so much on the 4s. If you plan on abusing the rc the EXB is worth the money. The thing takes a beating. Both are good options.

We have one of each in the stable. 6S is V1 with some upgrades. The 4S is a blast. Think it depends on what one wants, Is 4S OK with ones ego or does the ego need the 6S power. I would not buy the 6S after having the 4S. Cheaper to buy, Cheaper batteries. Cheaper parts for repair. Lighter yes, but not as much as one would think. It weighs very close to what an MT410 weighs. The MT is now rated for 4S to 6S. All three are great trucks. To pick a winner would be hard as they are close. Think I would rate the 6S Outcast as #3 with a slight edge going to Outcast 4S for the least costly. For the best would have to go to the MT for durability. All three are real winners one would be happy with for a long time. One person's views.
I've heard only the best things about that tekno, it just strikes me as a bit more than I'd want to spend, although a kit build is definitely a rc bucket list item, and a tekno seems like it would be a great one to do, just quite expensive.

At the moment, I'm not planning on buying either of these in the next 6 months or so, but both of these rigs are interesting to me, especially because with the V2 4s truck being basically the same size. I'm curious if there is much of a reason to get the heavier, more expensive, 6s version, because it would seem to me the the lighter the better when it comes to doing ignorant stunts.
6s EXB all the way. I absolutely HATE how the slipper sounds on the 4s trucks. The EXB 6s is tougher, and the upgrade path is amazing. And if you are going to send it high, you will have to buy one of those full chassis braces on the bottom for the 4s trucks. If not, the chassis will crack.

I've heard only the best things about that tekno, it just strikes me as a bit more than I'd want to spend, although a kit build is definitely a rc bucket list item, and a tekno seems like it would be a great one to do, just quite expensive.
The MT 410 kit is on sale. Very attractive price. The kit build is worth so much as one learns more than one can believe.

Love mine. It's a unique experience to drive a monster truck that actually handles well. There's nothing else like it.

Tekno is not a price-restricted manufacturer at Tower or Amain so their normal monthly coupon codes work on the MT410. For example it's only $315 at Tower right now:

1674670774597.png

Last edited:
Ask @razorrc how many chassis he's broken on his Outcast 4s VS how many he's bent on his 6s.

Both platforms have their share of issues but with the 6s you can at least fix them instead of bandaiding them.

I have a 4s V2 and I wished I would have gotten the 6s exb. Don't get me wrong it's been tons of fun! But my driving style warrants something more durable.

The rtr outcast would be the best pick imo. Only if you throw the rtr diffs, plastic chassi braces, the tower and put a rear aluminum gearbox then you have a beast of a machine
The 4s is cool but being lightweigh has its pros and cons. A pro would be could be more durable, being plastic the chassis wont bent but might crack over time, smaller truck uses 4s lipos, being smaller and less power and weight causes the truck to feel slowler for example when running on short grass and the jumps are shorter

The rtr outcast would be the best pick imo. Only if you throw the rtr diffs, plastic chassi braces, the tower and put a rear aluminum gearbox then you have a beast of a machine
The 4s is cool but being lightweigh has its pros and cons. A pro would be could be more durable, being plastic the chassis wont bent but might crack over time, smaller truck uses 4s lipos, being smaller and less power and weight causes the truck to feel slowler for example when running on short grass and the jumps are shorter
You mean Notorious? They haven't made a rtr Outcast for a while now and I was just thinking they don't even make the EXB anymore either.

Ask @razorrc how many chassis he's broken on his Outcast 4s VS how many he's bent on his 6s.

Both platforms have their share of issues but with the 6s you can at least fix them instead of bandaiding them.
I was talking about the EXB O6S though. Way tougher than the stock Notorious. And there are good deals out there on rollers for that rig. Or just get the full chassis brace for the O4S and be done with it. Razor really likes his after that mod. I just can't stand the noise of the slipper. The center diff EXB set up just sounds so much better! But that's just a personal thing.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back