Notorious I have some work to do....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have been running the crap outta mine though, 30+ 6s batts at about an hr a piece. I hope you stop having breakages and start enjoying the bada$$ little truck you got.

I didn’t just break the little pin, I managed to break it in three parts!

Each end snapped off, and the center section is still lodged in my outdrive cup!!

The outdrive cup on both ends of the diff required putting in a vice and using a punch and a hammer to remove.

Technically they should slide right in and out and the pin holds them in a place but they had managed to distort enough that I could not remove them by hand.

WTF?
mine did this I had to use a magnetic driver to easy the little broken piece of pin out before I could pull it out but still afterwards it was binding up for some reason it wasn't so bad I needed a vice but it took some twisting and hard as pulling don't know how or why it does that

Well, yesterday I just had my second breakage. I also have had the punch at stock, till last night when I got the idea to see what punch 9 is like. Did a backflip in my yard, like it wasn't sh!t. Tried to do a backflip in my driveway, and busted the rear diff the same way you did.
if you land under any kind of throttle on punch nine its gonna do it almost every time I promise the added traction of the concrete is almost asking for it to happen ...

It broke on the way up into the backflip, soon as the front wheels came up the rear of the truck just all of a sudden kicked sideways, never even flipped all the way around. ?

idk if it's as bad as yours was but I had one out of like 10 riffs that did this don't know why or how either but your not alone man weird poop happens sometimes I think it got so hot it just started eating into the plastic and just kept getting worse ... the diff worked fine just found it during routine maintenance... going to hr in Hope's it keeps heat down and I know the shim wont be able to disfigure like that again ... i hope lol

Attachments

• 20190426_140051.jpg
    20190426_140051.jpg
    396.5 KB · Views: 40
It broke on the way up into the backflip, soon as the front wheels came up the rear of the truck just all of a sudden kicked sideways, never even flipped all the way around. ?
either way man just be careful on landings at any punch setting iv broke a few my fault but took awhile to figure out what I was doing wrong

I'm thinking of going to the HR diffs also, I've read a lot of good things about them. It may have been just a fluke or something the way it broke. Although, punch 9 was pretty strong, lol.

that's crazy man idk did you have a shim under the pin or was it a stock diff
Stock everything except for servo.
either way man just be careful on landings at any punch setting iv broke a few my fault but took awhile to figure out what I was doing wrong
I never land under throttle, that is a recipe for breakages. When I do backflips, I'm on brakes slightly as I land to make it more smooth so I'm not tail slapping the ground. Landing from normal jumps, I do everything I can to come down flat, but if I can't help it I just let off the throttle and it lands who it lands.

I'm thinking of going to the HR diffs also, I've read a lot of good things about them. It may have been just a fluke or something the way it broke. Although, punch 9 was pretty strong, lol.
yeah i think that's are best option the gpm ones suck as of now but true poop happens man still feel bad for this guy he seems to be having poop happen alot more often than most

Stock everything except for servo.

I never land under throttle, that is a recipe for breakages. When I do backflips, i'm on brakes slightly as i land to make it more smooth so I'm not tail slapping the ground.
the shim under the pin helps alot if you don't have any I'd get some that's what I'm working on today did you see those disformed shims I just pulled out wtf

Yea that's crazy. I'm going to try and "bulletproof" the diffs as much as I can. I'm getting ready to tear my truck all the way down and perform a full rebuild as I have about 30 or so packs thru it now.

Yea that's crazy. I'm going to try and "bulletproof" the diffs as much as I can. I'm getting ready to tear my truck all the way down and perform a full rebuild as I have about 30 or so packs thru it now.
same here today's my chance to get some stuff done so here we go lol another tip on diffs if you get a hair dryer to it after you put the fluid in the bubbles come out alot faster with heat

Attachments

• 20190426_142006.jpg
    20190426_142006.jpg
    613.4 KB · Views: 45
Diff pins and seals, gaskets, showed up today.

Rebuilt the rear diff with an HR cup and the V4 shim style.

We will see how it does, I will hold off on tearing down (for V4 shims) the center and front I just rebuilt. I am researching possibly stronger gears and outdrives from various companies.

New Savox servo also showed up.

I’m tempted to get a Castle 2.0 WP BEC to raise the servo voltage but am rubbed the wrong way that I need to buy an additional part to adjust it’s settings- almost as much $ as the bec itself.

Diff pins and seals, gaskets, showed up today.

Rebuilt the rear diff with an HR cup and the V4 shim style.

We will see how it does, I will hold off on tearing down (for V4 shims) the center and front I just rebuilt. I am researching possibly stronger gears and outdrives from various companies.

New Savox servo also showed up.

I’m tempted to get a Castle 2.0 WP BEC to raise the servo voltage but am rubbed the wrong way that I need to buy an additional part to adjust it’s settings- almost as much $ as the bec itself.
I seen the thread where yall was talking about the different diff gears that may work I think the solid one looks promising I think I'm gonna start playing around an order a few just to test some stuff out as well if you beat me to it and find something that works let me know man I'll all for getting this thing bulletproof

Received my truck in January. Wasn't planning on changing much yet....other than the T-bone front and rear bumper I installed already.

Well.

Crashed it a few times, broke several pieces, and reading the forum for suggestions.... = pile of parts.

I am about to head to the garage to start the tear down.

M2c chassis and skid plates
Tekno shock ends, balls and 14 motor pinion
RPM front & rear A-arms
Rear wing mount delete (factory Arrma parts)
Voltage rear shock tower
diff fluid- 60k front, 30k rear- unable to source desired 200-500k center yet as back ordered everywhere...

Any thoughts or suggestions?

I guess I am about to rip it pretty much completely apart...
I was up till two am doing the same think, hopfully i can do the repairs with ease.

Attachments

• DSC_0210.JPG
    DSC_0210.JPG
    300.1 KB · Views: 44
Almost back together.

While apart I noticed my center diff drive cup was loose even though it only had less than a pack ran through it, and I used blue loctite. Odd.

I also noticed a wear pattern on the cup showing point of contact with both the inner and outer part of the bearing.

So- my solution is to start by putting a V4 diff shim between the bearing and the cup- the size is perfect that if anything shifts under load the cup can only contact the center part of the bearing which will spin.

I used a flat screw driver to hold the gear on the other side away from the diff housing- yes if you aren't paying attention when you tighten it, it can contact the diff and rub.

I also used green loctite this time. Blue is medium, red is strong (permanent), green is medium-strong.

Lastly I used a normal allen and cranked it pretty damn tight. Last time I used a normal driver tool until decently snug.

IMG_4465.JPG

Rear end back on - shot of the new aluminum part replacing broken plastic part and the wing delete-

IMG_4468.JPG

and my change to the front T-bone bumper setup. The rear T-bone wheelie bar comes with a spacer. The front bumper didn't and needs to be flexed backward to mount. I don't care for that setup so I had them send me another spacer to put on the front. Fits much more naturally and I'm hoping will lessen any change of damage to the bulkhead- maybe the much longer screws and rubber block will flex or break first.

IMG_4466.JPG
IMG_4467.JPG

I found a broken pin in the front diff of my Notorious during the filming of my last video. It was in 3 pieces like yours. Gear was fine except that it was stuck on. I could not get the cup sun gear out. I ended up using a Dremel to cut the cup so I could get a screwdriver under the gear. I have a bunch of new diff cups so I didn't care.

I found a broken pin in the front diff of my Notorious during the filming of my last video. It was in 3 pieces like yours. Gear was fine except that it was stuck on. I could not get the cup sun gear out. I ended up using a Dremel to cut the cup so I could get a screwdriver under the gear. I have a bunch of new diff cups so I didn't care.
iv been there lol I threw mine across the yard I got so pissed lol

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back