Infraction I have the Bug

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deanoforeman

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Ok.. People..what's going to be the best way for me to get an Infraction..I have the Bug..I have had RC cars years ago..2 of my good buddies have Infractions 8s upgrade..and they have Kratoms..and a few others..well I have kids and the Wife wish I could sell her.. haha..no no..I need an Infraction asap..I was thinking to build one and just buy like the Chasiss one week..and we'll you get my idea..can't afford to dish out $900 at once..any ideas..oh also is the Chasiss of the Felony , Infraction and Limitless almost the same??

Ok.. People..what's going to be the best way for me to get an Infraction..I have the Bug..I have had RC cars years ago..2 of my good buddies have Infractions 8s upgrade..and they have Kratoms..and a few others..well I have kids and the Wife wish I could sell her.. haha..no no..I need an Infraction asap..I was thinking to build one and just buy like the Chasiss one week..and we'll you get my idea..can't afford to dish out $900 at once..any ideas..oh also is the Chasiss of the Felony , Infraction and Limitless almost the same??
The chassis are the same.

Just be warned, you need a hefty tire budget.
I average 1 set (~$40 for GRP) every 10 packs, for general bashing.
The Infraction is very good out of the box and can stay stock for a while.

Just be warned, you need a hefty tire budget.
I average 1 set (~$40 for GRP) every 10 packs, for general bashing.
The Infraction is very good out of the box and can stay stock for a while.
Are you running the s7 treaded or slicks? I just got one myself and ordered a set of the s7 treaded ones and two pairs of silver hoons. Any idea how the silver hoons compare to the s7??

Are you running the s7 treaded or slicks? I just got one myself and ordered a set of the s7 treaded ones and two pairs of silver hoons. Any idea how the silver hoons compare to the s7??

For me...S7 threaded compared to the silver Hoons I get more life out of the silver Hoons.

However, I buy both and run the S7 more because I like the look. Those are the HARD RIM white S7. I believe the others when they say they get more life out of the S7 but I tend to get more out of silver Hoons. When I say more 1-2 more runs. For each set I can get 3 runs this is with rotation which is a must. The Hoons have more rubber and just a small edge more life for me.

Important to know how each person runs them. No burnout, no stupid circle donuts, etc. Empty Target parking lot with my cones set out for a course over the wide lot. Full speed forward to my turns with long sideways drifts as I change directions. Full throttle so I am NOT easy on it. I have 2x 3S 8000mAh batteries I can get 12-15min....18min if lucky but rare. With 2x 3S 5000mAh I was done in 5-8min driving as described. I do tend to overdo the power drifts when people stop and watch..not a common site for RC for most people. Come to think of it not until now....I did get more tire lift because the 5000mAh only allowed for a short time.... so the 8000mAh is going to have less runs on that much throttle for that long....hmmm

You could get more tire life not all people are a throttle hogs.

Option 1 - Buy a Limitless roller and then put in the 8s electronics.
You would need a center differential, front bumper/body mounts, and the body.

Option 2 - Look for people selling upgraded 8s infractions.

Option 3 - buy the infraction and sell off the electronics helping to pay for the electronics upgrade.

Option 4 - steal your buddies RC car and paint it so he wont know.

Option 3 - buy the infraction and sell off the electronics helping to pay for the electronics upgrade.

I vote for option 4
Because it’s funny!
😂

For me...S7 threaded compared to the silver Hoons I get more life out of the silver Hoons.

However, I buy both and run the S7 more because I like the look. Those are the HARD RIM white S7. I believe the others when they say they get more life out of the S7 but I tend to get more out of silver Hoons. When I say more 1-2 more runs. For each set I can get 3 runs this is with rotation which is a must. The Hoons have more rubber and just a small edge more life for me.

Important to know how each person runs them. No burnout, no stupid circle donuts, etc. Empty Target parking lot with my cones set out for a course over the wide lot. Full speed forward to my turns with long sideways drifts as I change directions. Full throttle so I am NOT easy on it. I have 2x 3S 8000mAh batteries I can get 12-15min....18min if lucky but rare. With 2x 3S 5000mAh I was done in 5-8min driving as described. I do tend to overdo the power drifts when people stop and watch..not a common site for RC for most people. Come to think of it not until now....I did get more tire lift because the 5000mAh only allowed for a short time.... so the 8000mAh is going to have less runs on that much throttle for that long....hmmm

You could get more tire life not all people are a throttle hogs.
Jesus you eat tires. I thought the car did..I was running it on 4s and it was tearing tires up. Three my 6s into it last night and the thing demolishes tires. I get why it's only last 2-3 packs. I'm thinking of running it at 75% on 6s.

Jesus you eat tires. I thought the car did..I was running it on 4s and it was tearing tires up. Three my 6s into it last night and the thing demolishes tires. I get why it's only last 2-3 packs. I'm thinking of running it at 75% on 6s.
I agree Brother..... the only thing that saves me money I only get to run the Infraction maybe once every 2 weeks due to work... if I could get to it often like some I would be in $$$ trouble but at this rate not so bad for me :cool:

Those are all great ideas I probably go with five hit my buddy over the head and pretend somebody else know it but luckily enough I found an infraction 8 s almost new with two batteries $680 so I'm buying it tomorrow or the next day what do you think?
Those are all great ideas I probably go with five hit my buddy over the head and pretend somebody else know it but luckily enough I found an infraction 8 s almost new with two batteries $680 so I'm buying it tomorrow or the next day what do you think?
I meant act like someone else took it..talk to text is rough

Be a gentleman and offer him $600 for the wear and tear on the tires... Get it and drive it like you stole it.

I hate to say it but this is not a great "first car" for a budget.

You could easily spend over $1k on a new setup with a charger and batteries, then the 8s upgrade just adds to it from there. Don't forget a cooling solution.

Then as others have mentioned, there are the tires...

Plus you will probably want some scortched rc fenders to keep all that tire dust out and some titanium skid plates to impress your friends with sparks...

But no one mentioned that it is too easy to get cocky with the throttle and slide it into a parking stop at 40mph...$$$ in repairs.

I would keep an eye out for a good deal on a used V1 instead of buying new. And keep it on 6s.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back