I heard some sad news today.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why would you put a parking lot there?????
Like I said I think uhaul wants to expand their lot, they have so many trucks right now they are literally having to find places to store them, so many people are moving here and no one is leaving. Normally there are a few hundred homes that are move in ready but last I checked there were less than a dozen.

I'm not sure how they plan on putting a parking lot there to be honest, the track is seriously like 20 feet wide and 60 feet long.

The track is in the area circled in red, the blue is the creek and the other track is the BMX track, it's not good for rc as the jumps are way too close together.

View attachment 135666
If it's an attempt to make points (city, state or political), then they'll put a few spots and say .. we now have an area for you to park as well.

I honestly think uhaul is going to use it, the area to the left of the track is completely full of uhaul trucks, they even started parking them along the side of the service road that runs between the main road and the track.
If true, this would make it look worse.

Like I said I think uhaul wants to expand their lot, they have so many trucks right now they are literally having to find places to store them, so many people are moving here and no one is leaving. Normally there are a few hundred homes that are move in ready but last I checked there were less than a dozen.
The housing market has been insane lately - houses are not staying on the market for very long.

If it's an attempt to make points (city, state or political), then they'll put a few spots and say .. we now have an area for you to park as well.

If true, this would make it look worse.

The housing market has been insane lately - houses are not staying on the market for very long.
To make matters worse the Airforce base is getting the new bomber and they are estimating that will bring in around 800 families.

Also today there is a huge fire on the west side of town and 25-40 sustained winds with gusts of 60mph they are issuing evacuation orders for the west side. So there is a possibility that we may need even more houses.

Took this this morning.
20210329_112331.jpg

Screenshot_20210329-142930_Chrome.jpg

To make matters worse the Airforce base is getting the new bomber and they are estimating that will bring in around 800 families.

Also today there is a huge fire on the west side of town and 25-40 sustained winds with gusts of 60mph they are issuing evacuation orders for the west side. So there is a possibility that we may need even more houses.

Took this this morning.
View attachment 135673
Note: Watch out for the Swift driver. ;)

Just an update on this, they aren't tearing the track out, but they did tear out the road that ran in front of it and and short story long it is now about a 10-15 minute walk to and from where the next closest parking area is. The parking area is for a law firm, there are maybe a dozen spots in their parking lot as the construction project also tore up part of their parking lot luckily I don't work on Saturdays or Sundays, but if the lot is full the next closest parking lot is about 20 minutes away, and you think you get weird looks from playing with an rc car wait until you have a wagon full of cars that you are pulling down the bike path :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Just an update on this, they aren't tearing the track out, but they did tear out the road that ran in front of it and and short story long it is now about a 10-15 minute walk to and from where the next closest parking area is. The parking area is for a law firm, there are maybe a dozen spots in their parking lot as the construction project also tore up part of their parking lot luckily I don't work on Saturdays or Sundays, but if the lot is full the next closest parking lot is about 20 minutes away, and you think you get weird looks from playing with an rc car wait until you have a wagon full of cars that you are pulling down the bike path :ROFLMAO:
You drive a full size truck, just bash that pig right down in there too!! 😜

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back