I keep snapping the driveshaft end locking pins on my Nero

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HobbyTownArrma

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock
  2. Nero
Ive driven my Nero countless times without snapping them, how can I fix it so they stop snapping?

Such kind of problems i had with my AX10 after full locking the diffs.
Maybe the pins did not come out if them unlocked?
An other option can be that the shafts went out?...

The only one way is to check one by one and think about if have made changes between before and now....

Regards,
lonee

It's only happened when all diffs are locked.

If it's happening with all diffs locked, you are driving it too hard. Climb mode is made for climbing/crawling. If you try to drive it fast or give it too much throttle when it's all locked up you will break it. The pins are the part of the driveline that is designed to fail first so that you don't break more expensive parts.

japp, right.
Blast mode is all lockers OFF! :)
If u are crawling, you have to tame you're trigger finger! ;)

Depend of the weight of these truck, there is much force in that regions.
if you will bashing while crawling, you have to keep the axle lockers open but you can put in a thicker diff oil.....

Regards,
lonee

That happed to me not knowing when i picked up radio all diifs were locked. One blast on throttle and snap. Now I am trying to get my airtronics m12 to run diff brain. Anyone know how?

Change them to Traxxas TRA5145. They are MUCH stronger than factory. I changes all my locking pins out and have had no breakage since.

FYI, the traxxas threads are longer than the ARRMA pins and will not seat fully into the plastic collar. Thread them in just until you see the plastic collar start to deform and leave them. All fixed

Replace the locking pins with traxxas TRA5145 pins. They are hardened steel and once I swapped them out in my big rock problem solved

Ive driven my Nero countless times without snapping them, how can I fix it so they stop snapping?

Same problem here with my Fazon.

I have ordered Hot Racing NRO288V02 CVDs and also SRVO415SP Which are the locking pins for traxxas Erevo produced by Hot Racing.. I think it can't get better than that. But nothing can be said now until trial

I'm planning on making an upgrades Post regarding my Fazon including new motor new CVDs New pins new rockers new rocker posts new SCR belted tires New T-Bone Thrasher bumper.. hopefully I don't spend a penny more than all of that to really get my Fazon to ROCK AND BASH like hell

Same problem here with my Fazon.

I have ordered Hot Racing NRO288V02 CVDs and also SRVO415SP Which are the locking pins for traxxas Erevo produced by Hot Racing.. I think it can't get better than that. But nothing can be said now until trial

I'm planning on making an upgrades Post regarding my Fazon including new motor new CVDs New pins new rockers new rocker posts new SCR belted tires New T-Bone Thrasher bumper.. hopefully I don't spend a penny more than all of that to really get my Fazon to ROCK AND BASH like hell
I'll be curious to hear how that works out.

Hi guys

I received the pins I ordered days ago and let me tell you this.. they are almost 2mm shorter pins.. but they are so rigid and hardened and the thread is longer and slightly wider but you don't have to adjust or drill anything.. they just go in.. I bough 2 packs of them "8 pieces" just to try to break them on purpose by locking all diff locks "climb mode" and drive it on asphalt with high speed!! The pins are still on and working pretty great. I did wheelies for long distances easy.

I recommend them from Hot Racing PN SRVO415SP. Blue thread lock with medium tighting is enough for it.

Pictures here in comparison between stock on the left and the hot racing one the right.

Also received hot racing aluminum rockers much cheaper than GKA witch they cost 80$ for 4 corners but for the hot racing ones are much better looking and they are pretty hard too and they cost 57$ Free shipping for all 4 they come with screws and washers and small nuts to lock the screw in from the other side pics included.

Still waiting for the hot racing CVDs I bought both models the sliders ones and fixed ones to try it all. Waiting also for the new motor and T-bone Thrasher front bumper and new hot racing aluminum steering blocks and the aluminum erevo rocker posts. Will make new thread regarding all upgrades I did with costs and recommendations and reviews and PNs.

Today was my first full battery run with my Fazon. Although I bashed it hard and had 4 pretty hard wrong landings and 3 concrete direct collisions I was so upset for each and after these things.. but I have nothing broken at all. Since I bought Fazon 5 weeks ago this is the first run full batteries run and it was a perfect run. I only need to put some heavy shock oil for the front shocks to help with steering the car with high speed.

I got 17 and 20 pinion gears that I will try soon and with the SCR terrain crusher I should be fine I guess.

Sorry for writing alot in here :( enjoy your arrmas guy

Attachments

• IMG_8208.JPG
    IMG_8208.JPG
    164 KB · Views: 158
  • IMG_8210.JPG
    IMG_8210.JPG
    102.9 KB · Views: 151
  • IMG_8212.JPG
    IMG_8212.JPG
    142.8 KB · Views: 148
  • IMG_8211.JPG
    IMG_8211.JPG
    157.8 KB · Views: 152
Last edited:
I blow my first pin. Traxxas pins are on the way. But get little damage on the bulkhead. Maybe i must order that one to. Winter bashing and pins blows.

Yha

thanks! I got the Nero 6s with Diff lock I've went threw 8+ Locking pins & a Rocker post looking to strengthen my nero as much as possible I see you mentioned something about Erevo Rocker posts are they more durable?

Yeah definitely they are.. hot racing
RVO2706
Both of them are aluminum but the erevo's are thicker a bit. + you will need to drill the hole for M6 thread because arrma's is M5. Myself I drilled no more than the tip of the drill bit and when trying to screw it in place it went in no problem. The thicker thread will make its way in. No need to disassemble anything at all. Pretty easy to do.

Yeah definitely they are.. hot racing
RVO2706
Both of them are aluminum but the erevo's are thicker a bit. + you will need to drill the hole for M6 thread because arrma's is M5. Myself I drilled no more than the tip of the drill bit and when trying to screw it in place it went in no problem. The thicker thread will make its way in. No need to disassemble anything at all. Pretty easy to do.
I'm order these up & do this doing a lot of forum reading trying to get the most out of simple easy upgrades members suggest the most frustrating breakage im dealing with is the drive shaft locking pins the Arama ones just don't hold up when you lock the diffs im thinking of trying the Revo pins like you suggested... I did buy a set of HPI SAVAGE pins but found they were much to thick but if they fit I was going to be such a happy camper

I'm order these up & do this doing a lot of forum reading trying to get the most out of simple easy upgrades members suggest the most frustrating breakage im dealing with is the drive shaft locking pins the Arama ones just don't hold up when you lock the diffs im thinking of trying the Revo pins like you suggested... I did buy a set of HPI SAVAGE pins but found they were much to thick but if they fit I was going to be such a happy camper

I would hate to break it to you but the HPI ones don't fit as they are too big in diameter to fit. I know the hot racing driveshaft are expensive but they worth it to eliminate this issue and they are 100% repairable if they break.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back