Big Rock I kinda miss my 3s rig

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bigrayzrc

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Kraton 6s
I used to have an arrma big rock wich I sold because it felt slow after I bought my kraton and got a taste of 6s but I kinda miss it cause I never had to work on it. I had it for 2 years and all I did was swap out an esc, upgrade shocks, and replace a rear diff. The kraton just seems like I'm constantly working on it. Wich of the 3s trucks would be the best for me?.

I used to have an arrma big rock wich I sold because it felt slow after I bought my kraton and got a taste of 6s but I kinda miss it cause I never had to work on it. I had it for 2 years and all I did was swap out an esc, upgrade shocks, and replace a rear diff. The kraton just seems like I'm constantly working on it. Wich of the 3s trucks would be the best for me?.

The new Kraton 4S v2 should give you that similar BR dynamics you're looking for..

The new Kraton 4S v2 should give you that similar BR dynamics you're looking for..
Yea I was thinking about them cause they pretty much take the 3s platform and fix all of the issues with them but I thing they are overpriced considering that for just 40 bucks more I can have a 6s typhoon.

Yea I was thinking about them cause they pretty much take the 3s platform and fix all of the issues with them but I thing they are overpriced considering that for just 40 bucks more I can have a 6s typhoon.

Wait til they have a sale on them.. 👍

@Bigrayzrc, A 3s Typhon might be more practical. Price and all. It will round out having the 6s Kraton already. And is probably the lightest 3s 4x4 rig. A plus. Personally if I were you, the 6s Typhon should be next on your list. I run my TLRT Typhon strictly on 4s. And it does 58mph. Plenty fast and durable on 4s.
How can you expect any 6s rig on 8s to be durable? And compare it to your old BR because it broke less. You even said that the BR was slower. Faster + more weight always = more carnage.:giggle:
Try running the Kraton on 6s or 4s. Sure the power and speed of 8s is addicting, but if you knock it down to even just 6s, parts will break less. All the 8s power is hard to use IMHO. Force yourself to try it a few times. You will enjoy the handling of your Kraton better. Might just need to gear it to get it where you like it. I run my 6s rigs on 4s probably 40% of the time. Sure there is a difference. Rarely do parts break on 4s . And I find it more durable and handling shines much better. In smaller confined spaces like a baseball diamond for instance. Drifting around.
Some ideas.
We all bash differently.
:cool:

^^^Yeah On road dedicated Speed run rigs are a whole new ball game.
Even still, if just Drifting/Hooning around, 8s is a waste. 6s is fine for that.

^^^Yeah On road dedicated Speed run rigs are a whole new ball game.
Even still, if just Drifting/Hooning around, 8s is a waste. 6s is fine for that.
I like the option, I run 6S 75% of the time but it’s fun to change tires bolt in the GPS and gear up with some 8S power.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back