I known this has got to be broken. Center diff behind sun gear

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Armarookie43

Very Active Member
Excellence Award
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Granite
  3. Infraction
  4. Kraton 8S
  5. Mojave EXB
  6. Outcast 8s
  7. Typhon 6s
So I noticed that my center diff on my Typhon 6s was wobbly towards the front. I took it apart and found the part that holds the sun gear and
Bearing in place separated from the housing? I guess I need a other housing. Anyone else got this issue?
20200505_155415.jpg
20200505_155427.jpg

Last edited:
So I noticed that my center diff on my Typhon 6s was wobbly towards the front. I took it apart and found the part that holds the sun gear and
Bearing in place separated from the housing? I guess I need a other housing. Anyone else got this issue?
I've seen it happen but not often. You could probably get a warranty replacement if you were so inclined.

I've had it happen, for the center diff I use aluminum now with zero problems. the F/R I use the stock plastic one.
I recommend this one for your center diff... https://www.arrma-rc.com/part/ARA220050

good luck

I’d invest a few bucks and get the HR AON1101 or ARA220050 alloy diff cup. Once shimmed properly, it should last you a lifetime.

Last edited:
I've seen it happen but not often. You could probably get a warranty replacement if you were so inclined.
Warranty? Nah. If it was something like the ESC maybe. ?
I've had it happen, for the center diff I use aluminum now with zero problems. the F/R I use the stock plastic one.
I recommend this one for your center diff... https://www.arrma-rc.com/part/ARA220050

good luck
Cool. No shimming necessary? I used another plastic one that I had from a previous diff. Thanks.
I’d invest a few bucks and get the HR AON1101 or ARA220050 alloy diff cup. Once shimmed properly, it should last you a lifetime.
I'll probably go with the aluminum Arrma one if it happens again. Thanks.

I hear you. I'm the same way. Plus I have a bunch of the stock cups floating around ???
Have you experienced this bicketybam? I guess it's the crazy speed that the Typhon 6s can generate. That speed must be brutal on those cups. I'm surprised that it lasted that long. Not to mention my high jumps ?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back