Fireteam I like to tinker

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What are the part #'s for the side gaurds, front/rear dirt guards? If these bolt up to the existing chassis, this will save me some work as I was planning on 3d printing something.

What are the part #'s for the side gaurds, front/rear dirt guards? If these bolt up to the existing chassis, this will save me some work as I was planning on 3d printing something.

Should be the same as the Mojave part#'s

They are the outcast tall sides and the Kraton front dirt guards. I will get you the part #'s tomorrow. The sides need a little plastic removed. I have pics for that. I'm not sure if I have to modify the front ones yet, I will when they get here.

Paddles' bite in the snow can draw some heavy amps. Despite the Cold temps, it is very possible to still overheat. Food for thought.

Seems I've seen 24mm adapters somewhere before for 6s rigs..with appropriate gearing I bet 8s paddle tires could be fun.. snow and cold weather do create alot of resistance though. Even with backflip mt's on my 6s rigs my batteries go from 30 or 40f to 100+f in less than 10 minutes. I suspect it has alot to do with having to use so much throttle to get going and maintain momentum in the snow..
Honestly, I don't know what y'all do in winter without bashing!! I don't care about the rig enough to not run it.. I smoked my Xerun 150 in my mojave a week or so ago..NOT waterproof🤣🤣 boy,what a terrible smell!!
Funny thing is the lowly rtr 150a HW in my Kaiju has been snowpacked and soaked more times than I can remember, still going, LOL. Never even take the fans off anything either..

Side guards are part#AR320352 front dirt guards are part#arac3107 I am not positive that the front guards will fit yet.
edit to add: The side guards fit with a bit of plastic removal, I have pics I'll dig up. I'm sure i'll make the fronts fit...if I have to ;)

ok pics of the side guard modification.

milling the extra off, the guard is in the vise upside down

the hatching is what has to be removed. the line is where it butts up against the chassis

if you are going to use a mill, you have to nod the head, so you will have to tram it back in. It's only a few degrees, but it will need tramming.

Any questions just ask.

Last edited:
Nice! Love the progress. I don't have access to a mill, but am handy with a Dremel, lol. Can't wait to see those mounted up on the chassis.

Side guards are part#AR320352 front dirt guards are part#arac3107 I am not positive that the front guards will fit yet.
edit to add: The side guards fit with a bit of plastic removal, I have pics I'll dig up. I'm sure i'll make the fronts fit...if I have to ;)

ok pics of the side guard modification.

milling the extra off, the guard is in the vise upside down

the hatching is what has to be removed. the line is where it butts up against the chassis

if you are going to use a mill, you have to nod the head, so you will have to tram it back in. It's only a few degrees, but it will need tramming.

Any questions just ask.
Are these side gaurds or chassis braces? You might have both there with the right amount of material! 🤔😎

Nice! Love the progress. I don't have access to a mill, but am handy with a Dremel, lol. Can't wait to see those mounted up on the chassis.
A dremel will do just fine, my background just precludes me from that. I gotta make numbers...lol.
Are these side gaurds or chassis braces? You might have both there with the right amount of material! 🤔😎
It crossed my mind to machine a couple of pieces of Al to bolt on top(below) as chassis stiffeners. But I haven't got to the chassis bending point..yet. At that point i might just get some 5160 or maybe 1084 series steel and go quench and temper. Thats what I'll do if/when I bend the shock towers, why put something on there that will just take a set again when I can make something that goes boing!!

Last edited:
So, the side guards do fit, but I need to drill a few holes in the chassis. The right side has 2 screws right now and the left has 3 screws holding them on. I also had to slit and bend(heat gun) the rear of the upright section on the right one to clear the motor wires.

The front dirt guards bolt right on but the don't sit directly on the side guards. Still way better than just having the open holes there.

IMG_20221231_160804889_HDR.jpg

IMG_20221231_160920924_HDR.jpg

IMG_20221231_160354314.jpg

More tinkering to come.

Last edited:
So close, yet, so far. I'm still considering my options here. I guess I don't need it on there but I had the parts. I could trim the entire rear of the body, but I'm trying to go just 'bolt on' at this point.

IMG_20221231_185825550_HDR.jpg

So close, yet, so far. I'm still considering my options here. I guess I don't need it on there but I had the parts. I could trim the entire rear of the body, but I'm trying to go just 'bolt on' at this point.

View attachment 266449

What is the problem here..?

Just the body posts not lining up?
Simple solution >> Flip the body post holders to the other side of the shock tower.

Nevermind..

I see the issue, the wing mount.
Which mount are you using?

Last edited:
What is the problem here..?

Just the body posts not lining up?
Simple solution >> Flip the body post holders to the other side of the shock tower.
Even if the body fit where it is, the wing wont without majorly cutting the body. The fronts don't fit by the same amount. If I turn them all around, then the body would interfere with the stock front bumper. Ideally, a longer wing mount would do the trick. I'm still pondering...lol It's sad, the cut out in the rear of the body fits perfectly over the wing mount. I'm still not sure what I'm doing with the bumpers so that is influencing my choice.
Which mount are you using?
It's the Kraton mount.

Last edited:
Looks good future reference, Mojave body post mounts and infraction 3mm brackets will fit the original hole patterns drilling to 5/16”. Will be much more robust as well.

Building another custom internal styrene cage to mate up with the K6 center brace.

230E275A-B1A3-40C4-9B96-568901957955.jpeg

46DB13E0-7496-4CD1-A82F-7F2F8149437A.jpeg

EAB735A9-74F1-4E08-BD61-F1BA57EA6758.jpeg

11665104-DCBA-42BD-9553-07F26D168929.jpeg

That is awesome!!! Wish I knew about those mounts before I made more holes! I am at the same place with the center brace, I'm probably going to make some stainless steel pieces to connect the top cage to the brackets.
So while I'm waiting on paint to arrive, I had a go at some different body clips. See any glaring problems with them? They are from 316l SS, they are pretty springy. I should've made a bending jig, my fingers hurt right now, lol.

IMG_20230101_103404290_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230101_103410611_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230101_103426121.jpg

That is awesome!!! Wish I knew about those mounts before I made more holes! I am at the same place with the center brace, I'm probably going to make some stainless steel pieces to connect the top cage to the brackets.
So while I'm waiting on paint to arrive, I had a go at some different body clips. See any glaring problems with them? They are from 316l SS, they are pretty springy. I should've made a bending jig, my fingers hurt right now, lol.

View attachment 266598

View attachment 266599

View attachment 266600
Those look like an awesome idea..👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back