Fireteam I like to tinker

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What front bumper setup is that???
Front and rear modified Mojave, Traxxas Xmaxx Ford Raptor was nearing the end of its bashing life!

6F6E75A3-1397-4225-B3B6-1AEFA4FB2F14.jpeg

That is awesome!!! Wish I knew about those mounts before I made more holes! I am at the same place with the center brace, I'm probably going to make some stainless steel pieces to connect the top cage to the brackets.
So while I'm waiting on paint to arrive, I had a go at some different body clips. See any glaring problems with them? They are from 316l SS, they are pretty springy. I should've made a bending jig, my fingers hurt right now, lol.

I really like that idea. Are those welding rods?

Just a minor update. As some of you know..I've been busy making other rc related things. But this project has been gnawing at me, so, I put a few minutes in. I ripped one side off of some aluminum angle, bent offsets into it by hand and the I did some measuring and hole drilling. The top cage fits perfect against the body. Zero space and its not pushing the body up. I love hitting my numbers.

Whew, to the people who do this on the regular..I admire your grit. This will be the only time I do this. Next time it'll be 1 solid color with stickers. I still have to apply the window masks. Then it's rattlin' time.

H4Puqaj.jpg

Good job! 👍

Hey at least it's not 1:1 size SUV 😁

Good job! 👍

Hey at least it's not 1:1 size SUV 😁
Thanks! I think a full size would be somewhat easier. I had to do some of the curves with 1/8" line tape first Then fill in with the blue stuff. Even with the 1/8" it was tough getting around things. My back hurts and my eyes are still crossed :)

Rattle rattle rattle little can, rattle as much as you can.
Spray spray spray little can, spray that sweet little fan.

My eyes are burning little can, from all that over spray in my face
My eyes are burning little can, it feels just like mace!

I can hold my breath, I can't hold my eyes.

lmao

whew...i'll post some other pics tomorrow.
Pearl white/metallic blue/metallic black
Not too bad for a first go.

w9XaJPL.jpg

Damn!
That blue is irradiating..!

Those kraton wheels are a Solid combo, gonna leave them black?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back