I little disappointed in New Castle ESC/Motor Combo.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brakemanbobsmith

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Raider
  2. Talion
Well after my Radier ESC burst into flames on me the the other day I went to the hobby shop ESC shopping.
Heard good things about the Castle line and settled on there Sidewinder 3 ECS/ 4600kv motor combo. Sales guy tells me that's a good combo And it's sensored too whick makes it even better!
Mind you this is a combo pack with ESC and motor packaged together as one unit.
Get home install motor, plug in sensor harness route wires up to ESC mounting spot pull ESC out of box and start plugging up wires from motor to the ESC.
I can't find anywhere on the ESC to connect the sensor harness?
I go over the little generic wiring diagram that was included that showed harness plugging into ECS! So I look over ESC again and again and again! Nope not seeing it anywhere!
Then I pick up the sleeve that the separate motor box and ESC box were slid into and shrink wrapped together in!
And right there on the package it says! "Now includes censored motor"
The a space down from this!
Are you ready for this?
It says censored motor will not work with this ESC! WTF???
Why would you package a sensored motor ESC combo together advertising it including a sensored motor an then not include a ESC that would work with it?
Don't make sense to me?
And being that I already opened it my hobby shop won't take it back by there store policy.
At least I can run it non sensored anyway!
But in the end no one to blame but myself for not reading the package completely myself I guess?
Still don't get packaging an sensored motor and a non sensor capable ESC together as a combo though?

Well after my Radier ESC burst into flames on me the the other day I went to the hobby shop ESC shopping.
Heard good things about the Castle line and settled on there Sidewinder 3 ECS/ 4600kv motor combo. Sales guy tells me that's a good combo And it's sensored too whick makes it even better!
Get home install motor, plug in sensor harness route wires up to ESC mounting spot pull ESC out of box and start plugging up wires from motor to the ESC.
I go over the little generic wiring diagram that was included that showed harness plugging into ECS! So I look over ESC again and again and again! Nope not seeing it anywhere!
Then I pick up the sleeve that the separate motor box and ESC box were slid into and shrink wrapped together in!
Are you ready for this?
Why would you package a sensored motor ESC combo together advertising it including a sensored motor an then not include a ESC that would work with it?
Don't make sense to me?
And being that I already opened it my hobby shop won't take it back by there store policy.
But in the end no one to blame but myself for not reading the package completely myself I guess?
Still don't get packaging an sensored motor and a non sensor capable ESC together as a combo though?
Castle has switched over pretty much their entire motor line to be sensored brushless. I'm guessing because they can be ran sensored or sensorless. It most likely doesn't cost that much more money to just have all motors be sensored capable versus carrying two lines of motors, sensored and sensorless. With the Castle ESC's you need to watch out a little bit as some of them aren't waterproof and some of them aren't sensored capable.
Another tip for you is that if you are running the motor as sensored, it is not waterproof but if you are running the motor as sensorless it is waterproof.

And this is exactly why I no longer shop at my LHS unless I absolutely have to. I try to support local businesses as much as reasonably possible but, from my experience, these jokers will tell you pretty much anything to make a sale. Incorrect info is one thing but I have even seen it cross the line to being dangerous. If it were me, I would take it all back in there and politely demand my money back. You were told it was something it was not. Any reputable retail store would give you a refund opened or not.

Are you ready for this?
Don't make sense to me?
Apparently the sidewinder 4 is same way. And my 8 yr old son spent his money for a good esc. He has been disappointed multie times when ordering when advertised as what he needs or wants. Heoves the hobby. But almost I. Tears when he waits a week too find out he has wasted his money and has too order and wait for a replacement. đź‘Ž

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back