Typhon I love this car šŸ˜

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Velodromed

Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory!
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Granite
  3. Kraton 6s
  4. Kraton 4s
  5. Notorious
  6. Outcast 4s
  7. Vorteks
  8. Voltage
  9. Infraction 4x4
I am so incredibly happy with how this Typhon is turning out. Got the 6s shocks on, MX28 tires and I have gone through the whole thing top of the bottom. Spent way too long working on the differentials to get them smooth, but failed. I could only get them about 50% better. So hot racing Diff yokes are on their way. I think the majority of the issues with these differentials are the plastic yoks. When I was having issues with my granite and put on a set of the hot racing yokes on itā€¦It was instantly smooth as butter.

I got the wrong team associated springs for the front so Iā€™m running a stock ones, which are way too stiff. I need to order the proper ones today. I did that mistake thing of thinking for myself and not following the recommendations on the sticky. I did for the rear ones but mucked up on the front ones. Iā€™ll try to avoid doing that in the future as I am finding that the effort put into making the stickys should not be underestimated. The information is solid.

Iā€™m going to drive it seriously for the first time here shortly. Aesthetically this is by far my favorite 3s car out of the four that I have. Granite Will always be my favorite because itā€™s my first car, set up for jumping and the one Iā€™ve put the most effort into.

024C4DF2-E24B-4F49-AC69-2AF9739E8E28.jpeg

910B01F4-FF4D-4659-AAD3-FCC14CB5D5AE.jpeg

E9D84B05-C52D-4CCC-8702-67DB0104E8A8.jpeg

83F53DA4-6508-4EAB-A761-1C4B841B3095.jpeg

6DBD70B5-2DD2-4913-AB19-76004570A71D.jpeg

9E14E227-6284-4D11-84A5-F7135BB25B4B.jpeg

CEDEEC34-A5C7-4479-9C2C-FC29F2889401.jpeg

These 3s Typhon's are one of my favorites.. They jump amazingly, and is typically the first rig over a "new" large jump.. so predictable in the air.. I'm not so nice to mine, quite large sends, and it never really fails to come back for more..šŸ’Ŗ..

I've never put large tires on them, I always run buggy tires, this may play a large part in it's success, without the added leverage...

Your rig looks dang nice man, glad your loving it...šŸ˜Ž

These 3s Typhon's are one of my favorites.. They jump amazingly, and is typically the first rig over a "new" large jump.. so predictable in the air.. I'm not so nice to mine, quite large sends, and it never really fails to come back for more..šŸ’Ŗ..

I've never put large tires on them, I always run buggy tires, this may play a large part in it's success, without the added leverage...

Your rig looks dang nice man, glad your loving it...šŸ˜Ž
Iā€™m not sure that Iā€™ll leave the MT tires on it. I have a set of belted ST MX28s that Iā€™ll try next. I was curious and had just gotten the MT tires. Originally I got them for my granite.

So these jump pretty good huh? thanks for mentioning that!! I think Iā€™ll try it out with jumps and also at the skate park for fun. I havenā€™t tried jumping a long chassis car yet. I always torture the granite with that.

Thank you for the compliment! I think I will try a Typhon body for my next (2nd) painting attempt. There on the cheaper side and small so perhaps Iā€™ll do a decent job.

I just finished running it for a little while and I am hooked ā¤ļø
Oh man! I like the Typhon with those MX28. šŸ‘Œ. Bet it is gonna be a BEAST!
Oh boy does it move!! Iā€™m gonna put a set of belted ST MX28s on it next. It should move even more with those.

I am so incredibly happy with how this Typhon is turning out. Got the 6s shocks on, MX28 tires and I have gone through the whole thing top of the bottom. Spent way too long working on the differentials to get them smooth, but failed. I could only get them about 50% better. So hot racing Diff yokes are on their way. I think the majority of the issues with these differentials are the plastic yoks. When I was having issues with my granite and put on a set of the hot racing yokes on itā€¦It was instantly smooth as butter.

I got the wrong team associated springs for the front so Iā€™m running a stock ones, which are way too stiff. I need to order the proper ones today. I did that mistake thing of thinking for myself and not following the recommendations on the sticky. I did for the rear ones but mucked up on the front ones. Iā€™ll try to avoid doing that in the future as I am finding that the effort put into making the stickys should not be underestimated. The information is solid.

Iā€™m going to drive it seriously for the first time here shortly. Aesthetically this is by far my favorite 3s car out of the four that I have. Granite Will always be my favorite because itā€™s my first car, set up for jumping and the one Iā€™ve put the most effort into.

View attachment 178146

View attachment 178147

View attachment 178148

View attachment 178149

View attachment 178150

View attachment 178151

View attachment 178152
thats not a car body style sir. it looks more like a buggy to me:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

With those tires on it it looks more like a

Like a

Like a.....

Like a TRUGGY!
ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦./Ā“ĀÆ/)
ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦..,/ĀÆ../
ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦./ā€¦./
ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦./Ā“ĀÆ/ā€™ā€¦ā€™/Ā“ĀÆĀÆ`Ā·Āø
ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦./ā€™/ā€¦/ā€¦./ā€¦ā€¦./ĀØĀÆ\
ā€¦ā€¦..(ā€˜(ā€¦Ā“ā€¦Ā“ā€¦. ĀÆ~/ā€™ā€¦ā€™)
ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦\ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦..ā€™ā€¦../
ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦.ā€ā€¦\ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦. _.Ā·Ā“
ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦\ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦..(
ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦..\ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦.\ā€¦

The springs you need are the TA RC8B3 springs.

Glad you like the Typhon. Love mine too.
Yeah I know but still didnā€™t listen to myself.
Yes I love it after only briefly running it earlier (controller batteries died mid run, forgot to charge ā€˜em šŸ™„). Iā€™ll get it out again soon.
thats not a car body style sir. it looks more like a buggy to me:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Brilliant observation šŸ™„

So funny how I came to not like it, changed it into Old Yeller, then a year later rebuilt it from extra parts (parts bin typhon). And I love it again šŸ˜‚ here she sits now.

8DB4867D-7540-457B-9826-C9CCC4AA9726.jpeg

Would these be good for the Vorteks also buddy
there is an Arrma spring that is closer to the stock weight of the vortex springs. I forget what they are. Those yellow springs weā€™re good for the granite big rock typhon rock and senton. Theyā€™re too light for the vorteks. Let see if I can find what they were.

I am pretty sure itā€™s these. I had Mojave front shocks on both the front and the rear so I ran these front and back also. Perhaps somebody can confirm it. Actually its probably in the 4x4 spring sticky post under Vorteks, at the top of the 4x4 section.

70AFC4CC-192A-4171-949D-93B15C3C5A94.png

Last edited:
So funny how I came to not like it, changed it into Old Yeller, then a year later rebuilt it from extra parts (parts bin typhon). And I love it again šŸ˜‚ here she sits now.

View attachment 255351

there is an Arrma spring that is closer to the stock weight of the vortex springs. I forget what they are. Those yellow springs weā€™re good for the granite big rock typhon rock and senton. Theyā€™re too light for the vorteks. Let see if I can find what they were.

I am pretty sure itā€™s these. I had Mojave front shocks on both the front and the rear so I ran these front and back also. Perhaps somebody can confirm it. Actually its probably in the 4x4 spring sticky post under Vorteks, at the top of the 4x4 section.

View attachment 255352
Thank you buddy , I'll see if I can pick a set up . I've noticed the front of my Vorteks a tad sloppy on corners and I've tried thicker oil so next step is springs

Thank you buddy , I'll see if I can pick a set up . I've noticed the front of my Vorteks a tad sloppy on corners and I've tried thicker oil so next step is springs
The vorteks really is supposed to be a cut and carve kind of car, which is what it sounds you like about it. What did you end up doing with the front shocks?

The vorteks really is supposed to be a cut and carve kind of car, which is what it sounds you like about it. What did you end up doing with the front shocks?
Well I'm using the middle spacer at the moment buddy and also upped the shock oil to 600 cst .

Do you think I'll be better using the thickest spacer ????

So you have 6s mojave front shocks on the rear and stock up front right? I tried to live with the front stock vorteks shocks I couldnā€™t handle them. Thatā€™s when I swapped out a granite front shock tower. I could have just taken another set of front Mojave shocks and shortened them 10 or so mm, but I didnā€™t know how to do that back then. Itā€™s easy to do though.

So you have 6s mojave front shocks on the rear and stock up front right? I tried to live with the front stock vorteks shocks I couldnā€™t handle them. Thatā€™s when I swapped out a granite front shock tower. I could have just taken another set of front Mojave shocks and shortened them 10 or so mm, but I didnā€™t know how to do that back then. Itā€™s easy to do though.
No I don't buddy I have stock Vorteks all round .
Os your suggesting Mojave all around ????

No I don't buddy I have stock Vorteks all round .
Os your suggesting Mojave all around ????
Oh, OK. For some reason I thought you had gotten set for the back. The springs I showed you are for 6S shocks lol. Honestly Iā€™m not sure what you can do to the stocks to improve them. There may be heavier springs I just donā€™t know which ones. Sorry man.

Oh, OK. For some reason I thought you had gotten set for the back. The springs I showed you are for 6S shocks lol. Honestly Iā€™m not sure what you can do to the stocks to improve them. There may be heavier springs I just donā€™t know which ones. Sorry man.
Ah no worries buddy at all . All good šŸ˜Š

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back