I miss TSM, Has anyone put a trx reciever in there bigrock?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TraverseCity420

Total Arrma Fanboy
Reaction score
As I have completely scrapped at least 2 traxxas vehicles I have a grip of spare parts sitting around waiting to be used for something stupid like putting it in an arrma vehicle for example.

I think I read somewhere someone put a trx receiver into there arrma but i'll be damned if I can find the thread again, and forum search boxes well I've yet to ever find a forum that can properly search lol Always been a limitation of forums imho..

Anyway I miss TSM the bigrock really needs some form of traction control at least for me and winter cuz I was tryin to get some speed runs just to see what I can do stock and its all over the place on the road..

So im wondering is it really that easy to just slap in an old rcver box and use my old trx controller? will this cause any issues between the esc and transmitter?

Any success stories?

So im wondering is it really that easy to just slap in an old rcver box and use my old trx controller? will this cause any issues between the esc and transmitter?
Yes.

And if you don't want to go the Traxxas TSM route you could also go with the Spektrum AVC compatible radio as well.

Yes.

And if you don't want to go the Traxxas TSM route you could also go with the Spektrum AVC compatible radio as well.

Right on!! Like I said I have spare parts striped from the pos cars so I figure if I can get a little use out of them might as well :D

I guess I know what my next projects gonna be hehehe

I did it! lol, Not the best install, I smooshed it right onto of the old receiver so I didn't have to remove the box and install trx crap, I just took the old receiver wired it all up then smashed it into the box ontop of the arrma one..

Prolly not the best idea but fuggetboutit..

Gonna test it out this morning see how it runs if it works as well as I hope then i'll take it apart again pull the arrma receiver out and perm glue this lil sucker into the box and glue the antenna to the car. Pics when I get that far lol

But for now its testing time!!!

And that was a mistake on my part lol, so I forgot the reciver has to sit perfectly flat or it throws the TSM off... Truck basically just did circles and the steering was BACKWARDS..

I don't even feel like dealing with it so nevermind im going back to stock arrma parts cuz I wanna ride this morning! Lol

I have the Spektrum stability management in my Typhon. It’s awesome when I want to do speed runs. I turn it off for bashing. It makes the Typhon jump in a weird manner.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back